HSV Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last >>

Michelin Pilot Sport 4s or Pilot Suer Sport, any good for GenF2GTS with upgrades?

Was going to get a set of separate rims and run MT tyres for drag racing but somebody on here somewhere said one of the Michelins gripped a lot better than the stock conties and lasted a lot longer also.

I am thinking 2 birds one stone.

I don't want to fit a nitto on my stock rims and have it be bald in 5000km.

Thanks.

You'll never hook at the track with any street tire.
    Just get the mickey Thompson give them a little skid each time and they'll last a long time.
    Big burnouts kills them and they don't usually require a big burnout unless your always over powering the track and tire.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

What about running the michelins for off the track, or do I put conties back on it when i change them?

Up to you what you run on the street my experience with street tires is none of them seem to get any traction

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Up to you what you run on the street my experience with street tires is none of them seem to get any traction
    To be fair you have wwaayy more power than 99% of people driving on the street lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMateGTS View Post
    To be fair you have wwaayy more power than 99% of people driving on the street lol.
    To be fair Kirk is simply friggen certified insane

2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

MPSS last over twice as long on the street as the contis and are waaay nicer. Just changed the rears on my GTS to MPS4S 285/35 r20Y and really liking them so far. Use them for the road and get the MT's for the track. Currently running 673RWHP (505RWKW).

Quote Originally Posted by R8VXF View Post
    MPSS last over twice as long on the street as the contis and are waaay nicer. Just changed the rears on my GTS to MPS4S 285/35 r20Y and really liking them so far. Use them for the road and get the MT's for the track. Currently running 673RWHP (505RWKW).
    You're going to take your car down the 1/4 mile?

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    You're going to take your car down the 1/4 mile?
    At some point I will. Standing mile happens in 2 weeks though. A very busy year for me, maybe next year I will get time to it on the strip. Makes for a lovely daily driver though

Quote Originally Posted by R8VXF View Post
    At some point I will. Standing mile happens in 2 weeks though. A very busy year for me, maybe next year I will get time to it on the strip. Makes for a lovely daily driver though
    Might be worth getting a V-box that will give you more data for 0-100 and your 1/4 mile ET/mph even g-force and they don't cost that much anymore

UK company here: https://www.vboxautomotive.co.uk/ind...gers/vbox-mini
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 31-07-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Thread Information