HSV Forum

What mod next LSA

It seems every mod from now on is getting expensive but I'm hooked. Done exhaust, pulley, cam, injectors, intake. what would be the next step? does the snout need porting for the 102mm throttle body or would money be better spent on heads? maybe even diff gears would be better to get it off the line easier.

I think i need to win lotto.
    VF GTS, 22.5% overdrive pulley, 2" primary 4-1 extractors on to twin 3" exhaust, Cold Air, 160 deg thermostat, Cam, double valve springs, 65lbs injectors. 649 rwhp.

How much power are you making and what time/MPH has it run? IMO If it's not close to Kirk's with a similar mod list then you're leaving things on the table...and end of the day, that's a bloody quick street car.
    Do you have a chiller?

Blower needs porting for a 102 allow a couple of grand for porting and $1500-$1800 for the throttle body that and don't expect more than 20-30....we back to back dynoed one and found about 20rwhp....certainly wasn't worth the dollars unless chasing every last drop of HP, so in my opinion thats the last mod you do.

Head porting again about 30-40rwhp big dollars involved to remove/replace and then pay for port work...if chasing everything then by all means do it.

LSA lid spacer is $600 bolts on in 15min and that is worth 20rwhp
    Reservoir nets colder temps especially in the 1/4 mile (stock system is 2.3L of fluid, intercooler pump is 18.2L per min so you get through 3.03L in 10sec eg it's doing 2 passes of the system and getting hotter and hotter, also the factory pump is load sensitive and has been known to turn off, reservoir adds 6.5L to the system making it 8.8L and the pump always has head pressure so it never turns off.

Chiller is 40-45rwhp on the dyno with a dyno fan favouring the non interchiller run, at the track it's 50-60rwhp as no dyno fan exists (I compare it's cost to benefit ratio to head porting...chiller being cheaper)

Pulleying it up more is going to net more HP at the cost of more heat generated, looks good for a 3-5sec dyno run can't make anywhere near the same power in the real world gets way to hot spinning the blower harder.

Diff gears in my opinion are not needed, I've logged 0-100km in 2.27sec via laptop when last racing.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 16-07-2017 at 05:32 AM.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    How much power are you making and what time/MPH has it run? IMO If it's not close to Kirk's with a similar mod list then you're leaving things on the table...and end of the day, that's a bloody quick street car.
    Do you have a chiller?
    Yeh it is quick it's just an addiction... better than a crack addiction. It made 650 rwhp and when I went to the drags the timing system wasn't work. I was so disappointed. I was doing 200kmh off my speedo when I crossed the line but no real idea. Might have to get some rims that fit over the brakes for next season.
    VF GTS, 22.5% overdrive pulley, 2" primary 4-1 extractors on to twin 3" exhaust, Cold Air, 160 deg thermostat, Cam, double valve springs, 65lbs injectors. 649 rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Blower needs porting for a 102 allow a couple of grand for porting and $1500-$1800 for the throttle body that and don't expect more than 20-30....we back to back dynoed one and found about 20rwhp....certainly wasn't worth the dollars unless chasing every last drop of HP, so in my opinion thats the last mod you do.

Head porting again about 30-40rwhp big dollars involved to remove/replace and then pay for port work...if chasing everything then by all means do it.

LSA lid spacer is $600 bolts on in 15min and that is worth 20rwhp
    Reservoir nets colder temps especially in the 1/4 mile (stock system is 2.3L of fluid, intercooler pump is 18.2L per min so you get through 3.03L in 10sec eg it's doing 2 passes of the system and getting hotter and hotter, also the factory pump is load sensitive and has been known to turn off, reservoir adds 6.5L to the system making it 8.8L and the pump always has head pressure so it never turns off.

Chiller is 40-45rwhp on the dyno with a dyno fan favouring the non interchiller run, at the track it's 50-60rwhp as no dyno fan exists (I compare it's cost to benefit ratio to head porting...chiller being cheaper)

Pulleying it up more is going to net more HP at the cost of more heat generated, looks good for a 3-5sec dyno run can't make anywhere near the same power in the real world gets way to hot spinning the blower harder.

Diff gears in my opinion are not needed, I've logged 0-100km in 2.27sec via laptop when last racing.
    Does that lid spacer get that power with tuning or just straight bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Remdogg View Post
    Does that lid spacer get that power with tuning or just straight bolt on.
    Straight bolt on

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information