HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Anyone want to swap Maloo LSA with a Maloo GTS-R?

About 6 months ago i placed a deposit for a Maloo LSA (due in september). At the time i couldn't justify paying $110k for the GTSR given it only had different wheels, quilted seats, and a facelift... so i got the 90k LSA...

Anyways, after 6 months i have done a bit of saving and now want the GTS-R...

If anyone has got their name in the queue and wants to bail, or swap, or trade, then please let me know, or if you know anyone else get in contact with me. Obviously i will be paying the difference.

My only pre-requisite is that it be a Maloo GTS-R in Manual, and not that green colour... i would rather drive a Proton Jumbuck than a car in that green.

I was in a GTSR Maloo and sedan most of the day on Monday & they're sooooo much more than the regular HSV's than just a bit of 'this' and 'that', its the whole package...you could want for nothing(except for coil overs)...they really are the best things since sliced bread & I don't even eat bread!!

Quote Originally Posted by VIP-427 View Post
    I was in a GTSR Maloo and sedan most of the day on Monday & they're sooooo much more than the regular HSV's than just a bit of 'this' and 'that', its the whole package...you could want for nothing(except for coil overs)...they really are the best things since sliced bread & I don't even eat bread!!
    I don't get people bagging the R's, saying they're not worth the extra $$$$'s
    They're worth every cent IMHO & like you said it's the whole package.
    I would really love the chance to drive an W1 - I think those cars would be on the next level.
    The only thing that I haven't really warmed too so far is the rear bar - I think the quad
    exhaust looks heaps better.
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    I don't get people bagging the R's, saying they're not worth the extra $$$$'s
    They're worth every cent IMHO & like you said it's the whole package.
    I would really love the chance to drive an W1 - I think those cars would be on the next level.
    The only thing that I haven't really warmed too so far is the rear bar - I think the quad
    exhaust looks heaps better.
    After Monday's experience, they definitely are worth the extra $$$.... I envy the guys that can have a GTSR and a W1 at the same time as being all over the W1 on Monday, I would sell both my nuts to have one!! Incredible..... I wished I'd studied harder in school!

What makes the gtsr handle better?

im looking at replacing my wagon with a manual GTS ( as one of the options ). what is it about the GTS R thats that much better? legitimate Q
    2017 Tourer R8 30th Anniversary
    2013 Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual - gone

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    What makes the gtsr handle better?
    Same size tyres and same suspension, so I can't see how there would be any difference in the handling department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Wider track is the only difference that I am aware of. And it isn't much wider...

Must be placebo effect then lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Now Fella's this is now coming from a person who hadn't even driven any of the genf range until Monday just gone, where I got to drive the entire range in a manner of ways, drifting,slalom, heavy braking and cornering and some fast laps of the sandown track & when you drove anything but a gtsr sedan/maloo, you could feel that your were driving something less superior. I love the entire hsv range, wagons and all, the LSA is a brilliant engine but there's something about the feel and whole driving manner of the gtsr that makes it the top of my want list....placebo effect? I don't know, maybe, but the fact that I hadn't experienced any genf until Monday makes me think, maybe not.

Not taking the piss boys, just giving my take from what & how I've driven these things and I drove them like I stole them at every chance I got!.....I just want one!
    Last edited by VIP-427; 15-07-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Thread Information