HSV Forum

VZ r8 clubsport sports exhaust advice

Looking to upgrade my stock exhaust system. Been to a couple of exhaust shops and have been advised by one shop to delete the rear muffler and install different centre mufflers (redback). Another shop recommends removing the centre mufflers and replacing the rear muffler. I am concerned about drone and both shops say their configuration is the preferred one. What would you recommend?

Provided you keep a rear muffler/resonator, it shouldn't drone an awful lot but I would personally replace the whole lot. Manta or DiFilippo would be my recommendation

As above

I have VZ clubby with a 2 1/2" DiFilippo with headers, great sound no drone, had this since 2005.

Thanks guys for your input. Since i want to keep my existing cats and mounting flange so i can revert back to stock exhaust if required and there are very few exhaust systems that will bolt straight up to the mounting on a VZ Clubsport r8 which is different to the normal HSV. The only one that i have found excluding DPE and manta which are outside my budget is a Hurricane system 2.5 inch catback at around $ 850.

Id recommend the manta it sounds awesome and aussie company

Quote Originally Posted by DrftKng28 View Post
    Thanks guys for your input. Since i want to keep my existing cats and mounting flange so i can revert back to stock exhaust if required and there are very few exhaust systems that will bolt straight up to the mounting on a VZ Clubsport r8 which is different to the normal HSV. The only one that i have found excluding DPE and manta which are outside my budget is a Hurricane system 2.5 inch catback at around $ 850.
    The Manta is only $100 more for the aluminised medium version. Loud is a little cheaper. Either wouldn't be overly loud on a standard car. It's a much better system than the Hurricane.
    Not sure what you mean about it being different though

http://www.mantapro.com.au/exhausts/...an-all-models/

Thanks guys. I have ordered a Manta (medium) 2.5 inch mild steel exhaust as you all suggested and i will let you know what i think of it when i have put it on.

Hi guys, i have installed the manta exhaust today it was the medium sound version. It has a much deeper sound now with no crackle noises but i haven't been able to check it on the highway yet. The slip joints appears to leak a bit of water. I'm happy with the sound it makes.

Thread Information