HSV Forum

Page 2 of 6 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    Interesting, I guess it worked out and worth it. Did he lock the ecu, what happens if you need a touchup to the ecu ect

There's been days over here where it's still 40 when the 'Plex opens and people will be down there racing. I can only think of what's going to happen with a combo similar to the OP, tuned during winter then the first day they get to race is the middle of summer...they then go and do 10-15 passes in temps ranging from 30-40 degrees, plus the ensuing heat soak.

Whilst I agree, the track never lies, you kind of need to establish everything you've mentioned in the second paragraph there before you take it out and ring it's neck doing multiple passes trying to get it quicker. And that's the whole purpose of this thread. Just to provide a bit of information or education on what you should be looking for and the questions you should be asking to ensure that reliability

Guy's dropping tuners names in here before even mentioning who, what and where and how great your tune is be 100% certain you PERSONALLY know how to read a log file and what you are actually looking at.

Dropping names of "this guy is a gun tuner" is misleading people big time.
    You need physical proof, because this is the entire point of this thread, plenty of people think they have something which is good, great or half decent simply because they do not know how green the grass is on the other side. And I am no exception to that I didn't know the grass was greener until I was shown and understood what I was looking at. Once you know a few things about tuning you certainly can see mistakes very easily.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Well Mohammed from Bomb Engines is pretty good

So if car already tuned why re-tune? apparently to a lesser hp level?
    You did comment on a 'safe tune'
    What was wrong with old
    One??
    Last edited by white_lie; 04-07-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Quote removed at user request

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Guy's dropping tuners names in here before even mentioning who, what and where and how great your tune is be 100% certain you PERSONALLY know how to read a log file and what you are actually looking at.
    Is it then possible for someone to show us all here How To Read A Log File ???
    As I would appreciate it and if you track your car(drags or circuit) then you would have more confidence in the engine not destroying itself

Thats right Hedsup. I dont know how a tv works but I can sure tell when its working just fine..
    Last edited by white_lie; 04-07-2017 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Quote removed at user request
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS - Herron White

Great thread, to make you think twice, don't just follow blindly. I think if you walk into a shop (not at lunch time or closing)
    maybe call first have a chat, get taken for a drive in a car that has want you want done to yours is a start.

My worst tune, motorbike went better until I got a hole in a piston within a few hours. A local chap with a HSV in Darwin just wanted a tune to help with fuel economy
    and a crisper drive, handed over the cash and was sure the car had not moved from where he had parked it.
    When he asked, was almost abused and told it will take a few thousand kms to notice the fuel economy improvement!
    My guess no different to an OTR on our Grange, you can see the readout lower by several degrees instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by sdtash View Post
    Thats right Hedsup. I dont know how a tv works but I can sure tell when its working just fine..
    When my car ran 10.8 I thought it was all good too, it felt fine, economy was near enough to what was expected and it could transport me and my family around without issue.
    Then with just a more experienced tuner tuning the car it felt like a different animal all together and it went a 10.3 with just the tune changed and nothing else.

I had no idea the tune had issues until I was shown what the issues were, once explained and easily understood I regard the previous tune as absolute garbage....but before I regarded it as garbage I thought it was awesome and I'd tell people it was awesome...just like what's been happening in this entire LS industry.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I hear what you are saying Genf. Is there any warning signs a car owner can look for that the tune may require looking at.
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS - Herron White

Thread Information