HSV Forum

Page 8 of 8 First << ... 678
    I used to run an old '93 XR8 years ago ( before I saw the light ) on AvGas because it rattled it's head off on 98 Pump fuel. It wasn't modified much at all, it was just a lemon with a blue badge.
    I dread the thought of spending 10k+ on modding an LSA, taking it to the strip and finding out the hard way that the last tank full of 98 fuel was dodgy. It is a little difficult to do a fuel analysis out of your boot......I'd be making absolutely sure that the "Pump Fuel" from the local servo wasn't going to be the cause of a catrastophic bang. I'd also add a little something to simply make sure that the fuel was not less than 98 RON before holding the pedal hard against the firewall down the 1/4 mile or worse still the full mile.

Will 10% toluene pick up 0.2 or 0.5 seconds on the 1/4 mile ??..no idea !!

Will 10% toluene help save metal fragments sitting in the bottom of the sump ????.....More likely than not !!

Would I top up the octane with Toluene or similar prior to a strip run ????...Bloody oath I would..

Would I care if some people got their noses out of joint because they thought i was being dishonest.

Nah !

Would I care if someone else's car was faster than Mine.......

Nah !

........and yes, I do have a Chiller.......Might not be all that handy in Birmingham in winter but pretty useful in Brisbane all year round...
    GTSR Maloo Interchiller

Whyc does it bother you so much, no one cares except you

Thread Information