HSV Forum

LSA Throttle body purchase

Done a search but couldnt really find what i was looking for. Just want to know where i can buy a bigger throttle body for my vf gts. I've read that vmax do them but can't seem to find where to get it from.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
    Done a search but couldnt really find what i was looking for. Just want to know where i can buy a bigger throttle body for my vf gts. I've read that vmax do them but can't seem to find where to get it from.

cheers
    Lot of people get a ported LS7 throttle body (90mm) you can get these from Tony Mamo in USA.
    Other options are NW102 (Nick Williams) again USA you would need supercharged version which has stronger motor.
    Also TPIS102 again USA
    Think the LS3's bodies are 90mm also, you can even get stock item ported.
    Honestly until you are plus 600rwhp genuine and running sub11's 1/4 or less don't waste you're money.
    The 102's are finicky to get to tune and get good driveability.
    If you put bigger throttle body on you will need at minimum the supercharger snout ported to match throttle body for smooth air transition.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post
    Lot of people get a ported LS7 throttle body (90mm) you can get these from Tony Mamo in USA.
    Other options are NW102 (Nick Williams) again USA you would need supercharged version which has stronger motor.
    Also TPIS102 again USA
    Think the LS3's bodies are 90mm also, you can even get stock item ported.
    Honestly until you are plus 600rwhp genuine and running sub11's 1/4 or less don't waste you're money.
    The 102's are finicky to get to tune and get good driveability.
    If you put bigger throttle body on you will need at minimum the supercharger snout ported to match throttle body for smooth air transition.
    interesting! thanks for that info.. I've got some basic mods done to it 4 into 1 headers with high flow cats and is getting tuned with new harrop cold air tomorrow so was thinking of other small mods that will make a difference... don't really want to go all out at the moment. was also looking at doing a pulley upgrade but a tad confused on what exactly needs to be changed with the pulleys.

mickyinc has ported his stock one and done some others for other people, i have done mine myself but not sure on gains because i done a exhaust swap at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    mickyinc has ported his stock one and done some others for other people, i have done mine myself but not sure on gains because i done a exhaust swap at the same time
    ok thanks for that.. ill shoot him a pm cheers

I'm using a ported Vmax now but can't give you any comparison on my engine but I've ported other Tbs using my tb as a base. I've put the ones I've done on standard ls3 back to back and you can definite tell the difference thru mid range, lots better throttle response as well. The Vmax in back to back testing shows a 12whp gain in max hp but shows 20whp and 15ft lb in mid range

Thread Information