HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Any vt harrop calipers 343 mm for sale

Hello everyone how are use ?
    Today I discovered I brought a vt series two r8 clubsport and some idiot has taken out the original calipers
    And sold them and has put the 6 cylinder calipers instead I am verry pissed off and frustrated coz who would
    Put on a clubsport a standard holden caliper it's a hsv like I could not do that and I'm verry frustrated to search for those harrop calipers and rotors for my hsv they are hard to get and if u want to buy them they cost a arm and leg could someone help me out if anyone has for sale but at a fair price that would be great thank u
    Last edited by CL99UB; 17-06-2017 at 01:54 AM.

What size are the brakes? I'm pretty sure the 343mm Harrops weren't standard, only optional on the VT2 R8. Standard R8 brakes were 330/315mm twin spots, which aren't much bigger than the 297mm twin spots on the normal Commodore (V6 and V8 were the same size on VT).

Oh ok and how about the calipers why are they the 6 cylinder ones and not the r8 ones I we'll post a pic of the calipers

Quote Originally Posted by CL99UB View Post
    Oh ok and how about the calipers why are they the 6 cylinder ones and not the r8 ones I we'll post a pic of the calipers
    I expect that you will find the calipers are a bit different. But they do look the same it first glance. Went through this recently when I was working out what pads to buy for my VX Clubby.

This might help. I've attached an outline of the pads for a standard VT and the standard HSV pads.
    You should be able to tell which ones yours are by the lugs.

thanx mate would u know whos has any calipers hsv for sale

Maybe your R8 was cross bred with a Manta.

Sent from my ZTE Blade A462 using Tapatalk

Occasionally turn up on ebay etc but never cheap or fairly priced. There's also better brakes out there with pads that don't squeal if you needed to upgrade.
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

What kind of brakes are good for an upgrade

The six pots are far better than the originals. For them to have been fitted, I would surmise the vehicle was used in some high speed work. 343 was quite rare and I believe only standard fit on the Granges - my WK is 343. Four pot Harrop was standard; six pot optional. Six pot was a very expensive brake change. Matt at RaceBrakes can give you plenty of information about the six pots and may even know the car because sourcing brakes, apart from the three times per year supply through HSV used to be very difficult.

Thread Information