HSV Forum

Page 3 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Whilst I agree the W1 is incredible the price isn't correctly justified it's a cash grab before cash flow slows down after the commodore end.

It's very simple maths
    GTS LSA 100k retail
    LSA crate engine 10k retail
    LS9 25k retail

These are retail prices not what GM/holden/HSV pay.

So 90k car + a 25k engine = 115k (and at that price it includes a profit)
    so im guessing u sell your interchillers with no extra in there for the time spent on R&D

Go put an LS9 in ya GTS then let us know how much ya spent

What about the custom parts to get the LS9 in and working (intake, dry sump setup, headers, coolers etc), the suspension, brakes, wheels, tyres...how long is the list? Plus as said, the R&D for a small run car is huge. It needs to be reliable under all conditions it may see in this country, not just slap a motor in and send it on its way.

I agree there's cream on top (plus the tax from the dealers) but there is also more than just the engine

I think some of you may have miss read GenF post, he is talking about the LSA GTSR not the LS9 GTSR W1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    I think some of you may have miss read GenF post, he is talking about the LSA GTSR not the LS9 GTSR W1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He talks about both depending on which post you're referring to

Unaccountables that I have forgotten that none of us understand is ADR compliance and crash testing versus volume of cars produced. If the W1 required all new validations over a regular GTS this would have cost a fair amount...how much I don't know and I don't think anyone would know. Given the cars low volume that would/could be why it costs what it does...very low volume of cars sharing a very expensive cost.

The ancillaries dry sump, OTR etc on a scale of 300 cars isn't expensive.

To the question of put an LS9 in your GTS, it wouldn't be difficult to buy either an LS9 or LS7 dry sump setup or aftermarket and do it, guys have already done it with smaller space space such as the HSV GTO Coupe on this very forum.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 17-06-2017 at 05:06 AM.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka View Post
    Hi All,
    Just seen in the West Australian newspaper that city motors here in Perth still have a W1 for sale, apparently the last one in OZ according to the ad. Contact the dealer principal on (0 9468 3015 no price, colour etc mentioned.

Might not be as expensive as the one on AMCS for about 300k i think it was. If anyone's still looking for one this could be your last chance
    Sold for $240k.....

Quote Originally Posted by jkhsv View Post
    Sold for $240k.....
    Not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
    Not terrible.
    Double the cost of the GTSR - but is it double the car??

W1 hands down wins bragging contest.

(I'm picturing in my head a row of GTSR's at a show n shine, and then a W1
    drives in & all us GTSR owners suddenly suffer little penis syndrome & feel really inadequate )
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

I think the W1 is truly a spectacular vehicle in all aspects! It will be a true collectors item in years to come. The brakes, suspension, driveline and motor are truly insane. I mean the car laps faster than the new C63 AMG, Alfa Romeo Giulia, BMW M3, M5 around a track... Andddd then it burns them down the 1/4 mile as well. Not to mention it will take way more punishment around a track lap after lap than the euro counter parts.

I am in ore of what HSV have done, they pretty much built a race car that we can drive our the roads... Ford/FPV didn't build anything nor have they changed there old world cars in over a decade! The "sprint" is hardly a touch up, and its over boost button is a joke they handle disgracefully, interior sub-par, brakes are tiny, no technology at all. The barra is good, but cannot compare to an LSA let a lot an LS9.

Rant over. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    I think the W1 is truly a spectacular vehicle in all aspects! It will be a true collectors item in years to come. The brakes, suspension, driveline and motor are truly insane. I mean the car laps faster than the new C63 AMG, Alfa Romeo Giulia, BMW M3, M5 around a track... Andddd then it burns them down the 1/4 mile as well. Not to mention it will take way more punishment around a track lap after lap than the euro counter parts.

I am in ore of what HSV have done, they pretty much built a race car that we can drive our the roads... Ford/FPV didn't build anything nor have they changed there old world cars in over a decade! The "sprint" is hardly a touch up, and its over boost button is a joke they handle disgracefully, interior sub-par, brakes are tiny, no technology at all. The barra is good, but cannot compare to an LSA let a lot an LS9.

Rant over. LOL.
    +1
    Pickles.

Thread Information