HSV Forum

Page 3 of 8 First << 12345 ... Last >>

Thread: Walkinshaw 557

Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    Then you will laugh at the quote I got the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked the dealership if they could do my GTSR with tint and W557 package for $130k drive away. They told me not a snowflakes chance in hell and if I wanted my GTSR with the W557 package it would be $140k
    Now my GTSR is about $120k give or take a few "k", and window tint $400. That makes the W557 package $20k
    If you add it to the purchase price wouldn't that increase the luxury car tax and gst as well ?
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS - Herron White

? $6k extra is LCT.
    That would be $3500, D/D*, $4000, S/D, $18500 LCT, Rego $1000. That is a rough price in QLD for the W557 added on purchase.
    Can't see why people want to spend $1 to save 30cents, not saying that is the case here.
    lots of tax, no that's probably not even half the overall taxes and fees that GMH and HSV would pay from start to finish on a GTSR

In case anybody is wondering, in NZ the price for a W507 to W557 upgrade is an eye watering $9200.

Quote Originally Posted by D3F1ANT View Post
    In case anybody is wondering, in NZ the price for a W507 to W557 upgrade is an eye watering $9200.
    Doesn't surprise me. Torque Performance are the Harrop dealers. I'm likely going with the intake, pulley, headers and tune from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

It's a bit sad it's so expensive, I was keen to build a really silly 'Walkinshaw' wagon (replace the rather uninspiring HSV30 sill plates and floor mats too). Perhaps the pricing will come down in time, probably shouldn't hold my breath. I like the Walkinshaw brand for nostalgic reasons I suppose, will have to think about this long and hard or win a lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by D3F1ANT View Post
    It's a bit sad it's so expensive, I was keen to build a really silly 'Walkinshaw' wagon (replace the rather uninspiring HSV30 sill plates and floor mats too). Perhaps the pricing will come down in time, probably shouldn't hold my breath. I like the Walkinshaw brand for nostalgic reasons I suppose, will have to think about this long and hard or win a lottery.
    The worst part is you're paying ridiculous money for parts that aren't even developed by Walkinshaw, they just re-brand other parts and make you feel like you're buying something special. The warranty is nice on a new car, but it isn't a factory warranty and there are other brands out there that offer the same kind of warranty now also, so there really isn't any good reason to go with Walkinshaw for upgrades
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

The most telling thing is the 1/4 mile times.

Its more indicative of a car being able to produce power right the way through vs a claimed peak number.

Some say you can get into the 10's for under 10k.

I will be testing this theory soon if I can find a track open next time I go back to oz.

The Walkinshaw 557 delivers approx 420rwkw @ 9lb psi boost. Thats reasonably low compared to some cammed lsa cars.

With the 9lb boost the inlet temperature should be quite low compared to say a Harrop 530kw package with 13 -14 psi boost and 410rwkw

Quote Originally Posted by sdtash View Post
    The Walkinshaw 557 delivers approx 420rwkw @ 9lb psi boost. Thats reasonably low compared to some cammed lsa cars.
    You have to compare apples with apples though. Can you build the same cammed LSA for the same money that drives just as well.

I have just over 420rwkw myself with less than 10k into the car.

This means nothing if my 1/4 mile times are slow.

I am going to try my best to find out what my car does at the track asap but living in another country full time does not make that easy :P

Will be back for the month of August, will see what I can get done.

I might put if off until I can get a set of koya 18s with some MT drag radials but that would push me over the 10k mark

No clue what 420rwkw gets you in an genF2 with auto.

Thread Information