HSV Forum

Page 7 of 8 First << ... 5678 Last >>

Thread: Walkinshaw 557

Has anyone here actually had a 557 powerpack fitted, and can let us know driving impressions (street, drags, circuit)?

Motor magazine has written it up, but would be interested in hearing more about it (including what drag radials do to quarter mile times).

Quote Originally Posted by bally253 View Post
    Has anyone here actually had a 557 powerpack fitted, and can let us know driving impressions (street, drags, circuit)?

Motor magazine has written it up, but would be interested in hearing more about it (including what drag radials do to quarter mile times).
    Drag radials with that power level will not effect mph
    I'll repeat that drag radials will not effect the mph.

The car doesn't have the mph it doesn't make the HP end of story.
    The tires make no difference.

You've got stock cam GTS's wiping the floor with this cammed package so it is literally a waste of money and you'll look stupid when a lesser modded car teaches you a lesson.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I get all that GenF-GTS, but wondering how the ET and 0-100 times of the 557 pack would change if Contis were switched to drag radials?

Walkinshaw packs are pricey compared to some others (such as the standard cam packages you have outlined which are very impressive), but for a variety of reasons, the Walkinshaw name has it attraction for some (not neccessarily myself who is sitting on the fence), so finding out as much as possible from those who have taken this path about how this new product from Walkinshaw performs (on the street, in straight line and at a track day on a circuit) is important.

I get all that GenF-GTS, but wondering how the ET and 0-100 times of the 557 pack would change if Contis were switched to drag radials?

Walkinshaw packs are pricey compared to some others (such as the standard cam packages you have outlined which are very impressive).

It's not standard cam packages it's stock cam!!!
    Unopened engine...
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Hi NickGts: Yep, thats what I mean: standard cam with just simple bolt on package. Your GTS set the bar high for how effective such simple mods can be. Sorry the GTS is no longer, but hope your Senator will be just as quick!

Hi NickGts: Yep, thats what I mean: standard cam with just simple bolt on package. Your GTS set the bar high for how effective such simple mods can be. Sorry the GTS is no longer, but hope your Senator will be just as quick!
    Cheers
    The Senator will be a quick one but I want to keep it as stock feel as I can.
    I will be starting a build thread with stage by stage with the Senator and dyno and strip times to show what can be done.
    The goal is to get to mid / hi 10's
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Looking forward to it!
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One has to ask... At what rear wheel kilowatts the Gen f become flighty. By that I mean at what Rear wheel kw does the genf become unstable for the street use it was intended for.
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS - Herron White

Quote Originally Posted by sdtash View Post
    One has to ask... At what rear wheel kilowatts the Gen f become flighty. By that I mean at what Rear wheel kw does the genf become unstable for the street use it was intended for.
    It's all relative you can have 500rwkw and it be stable etc.
    Turn off traction control on stock car and it could become flighty depending on road etc
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Quote Originally Posted by sdtash View Post
    A genuine 10.3 @ 135-136mph is streetable anything more turns the tires too easily.
    Notice how I'm talking in mph?

Dyno numbers especially the Disney ones from this industry are not to be trusted.
    Plenty of cars out there claiming to be making more HP than me on their Disney dyno's but 150% unable to even get close to backing up the mph at the track.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information