HSV Forum

LSA Blower Project

I posted these pictures a while back about modding the LSA snout/bypass valve to allow more air flow into the charger. I dont know why anyone hasn't tried it yet...maybe too expensive or too difficult.

Well anyway a friend of mine in the US has a LPE snout he's selling me, I'm going to mod the blower to suit the snout, and if needed mod the snout to suit the blower...see how this project pans out and if it's worth any extra HP.

In this pic on the left is the LS9 snout which has the higher bypass valve area, on the right is the LSA which has the red line on it, I intend on welding this up on the blower side and then grinding it down to match the LPE snout.

This is where the welding will take place on the blower side

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Are the snouts interchangeable? They look similar in their bolt patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by maloogts View Post
    Are the snouts interchangeable? They look similar in their bolt patterns.
    Other than the bypass valve area where one is higher and one is lower

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I'm planning on doing this in the next couple of weeks, haven't had much time to even look at it lately with my work load and racing.

I'm hoping this will free the blower up and get more air into it, I certainly don't think it's going to hurt HP, at a minimum if I can find another 20hp I'll be happy, at the level I'm at now it's hard to find HP I'm going to have to work hard for it.

With the mph at the track being pretty consistent and the dyno I use also very consistent I should be able to tell if it's working.

Thread Information