HSV Forum

Page 5 of 5 First << ... 345
    I'll definitely be there in November.
    Strick put me onto a guy who does carbon fibre. I've been talking to him about doing aero and now that I have the new fully covered version for him to use as template , he can basically get started on the front diffuser and panel up to rear wheel. Will still use removable rubber side skirts and deflectors. I spent extra time on making sure the fixing points are spot on so it can go on any VE and I'd just have to check a VF front bar for diffuser ,the rest will fit
    Rear diffuser I want to improve, I've shown him a pic of the rear bar on the "what the gtsr may look like" and he'll aim to replicate that. At the moment the rear diffuser is at 9 degrees until it exits rear bar , with the projected rear bumper I can start at 9 degrees and ramp it up to about 50 degrees where it exits bumper.
    I hvnt got a wind tunnel so the only evidence I have it works great is a 240km run with it off , then same run with it on. Then a few mates following me while doing a mountain run saying " I swear I can see ya car getting sucked to the ground once it hits 100kmh" . It's like caulk n cheese over 200kmh with it on and with it off .
    It takes about 20mins once the cars in the air to put it in or off, and bout 10mins to put skirts n deflectors on.
    I'll keep u posted once we start .

u will have to get some pressure or flow sensors and fit them at various points under and front/back of the car and on top see what the delta is with aero and not to see if its doing its job

Excellent idea 07. I'm not into electronics, could you point me in the rite direction to set that up. If I can do that , then it will lay to rest any doubts. I don't really hv any , it's a simple principle, low pressure front diffuser, high pressure between wheels, going into low again rear diffuser .
    The uncertain thing is how the air exits at sides, air deflection at wheels, air exiting the rear.
    I have the bonnet vents also , not for the purpose of pushing heat out, but for the Venturi effect, lower pressure in engine bay than underneath the car.
    Still be great if I can rig up some sort of pressure sensor

i havnt looked into it much but was thinking bout those small portable weather stations with the fan for airspeed could sit one under the car and one above ect, not sure what there airspeed limits are tho

I know I can get them to 140kmh. That will still be enough to give a good indication of velocity.
    I'll give it a go

Any updates on the shocks?
    When you put the in do you scale the car?
    I'm having probs finding someone with scales!

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Any updates on the shocks?
    When you put the in do you scale the car?
    I'm having probs finding someone with scales!
    Hi Mick -
    No, not finished yet
    Just got off the phone to them (supashock) & they tell me next Tuesday...

I ran the car last weekend at Tamworth with old setup- got the car off the trailer, went through s/neers.
    Lined up for first - FIRST!! practise run & got about 3 cm's before the diff exploded.......!!!!!
    I've just put the new diff in, fitted all new rear control arms - all adjustable.
    Once front lower control arms turn up from suspashock I will fit them & then off
    to a business called "Road to Race" chassis tuning in Gosford, where he'll set it all up
    ready for the end of year speed events. They will corner weight, height adjust etc.

My next event is Newcastle round of the Hill climb Championship - but it's really a
    low speed circuit - more suited to karts, than our cars.
    But my next 5 events are all high speed - 4 x at Bathurst
    & the last round of the hill climb at Canberra..

Keeping my fingers crossed because this year has been a shocker........

We need to talk about the aero mods before Bathurst as well.........
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Pm sent

Thread Information