HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

CAI over OTR .. ?

How much performance am I losing if I go with a Cold air intake on the side like a WP rather than an OTR?
    I just want to keep the Sound enhancer if I can its a sweet setup I enjoy it.
    I'll part with it if I really need to but yeah. Makes all the right sounds haha especially on a high rev down shift.

what car is it on??

Track edition

Power wise the OTR will out perform the side mounted box. Those ones are only really good for making sound on LS3's. I'd ditch the sound enhancer and go with an OTR. The OTRs make the sound you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Yeah go the OTR, i had a VCM on my redline and was very happy with it

Hi guys,

Didn't want to start another thread so though this one would fit.

I have just seen these carbon fibre OTR's for the LSA ?? Has anyone run one and compared it against the harrop intake.

https://www.xairperformance.co.nz/ot...hsv.html#tab-1

Wonder if there are gains to be had going this way?? (cooler intake temps, more air volume, less heat soak, more hp, etc)

The biggest issue with OTR's and boosted cars is that the filter is generally the restriction. A big pod generally allows much greater surface area than an OTR and is the reason Harrop, VCM etc all went that way as they used to sell truck loads of OTR's for NA cars.

The other trade off of going with a big filter (like it looks the x-air has) is that it takes up real estate for the radiator or whatever other coolers that will now be behind it so you may find other temps go up.

You'll likely find there are good gains to a certain point and then the filter strangles it. Same reason Kirk went away from the DuSpeed OTR ages ago.

Mate, that's a great response thank you for that.

I will stick with my harrop intake then! Cheers

The Dus Speed OTR for the LSA worked really well, it made more power than the pod filter but only up to 580rwhp at which point air speed exceeded the air filter size of the OTR

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @148.3mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

That's interesting mate, good to know.

I am right on that 570rwhp point now. I will just stick with the harrop intake.

Cheers.

Thread Information