HSV Forum

Thread: VE exhaust

VE exhaust

My mate is on a budget and wants some sound, nothing crazy. He doesn't care about power or tunes. Has anybody tried the rear muffler delete pipes on a VE. Do they drone or do they make much difference at all.
    VF GTS, 22.5% overdrive pulley, 2" primary 4-1 extractors on to twin 3" exhaust, Cold Air, 160 deg thermostat, Cam, double valve springs, 65lbs injectors. 649 rwhp.

No mufflers on the end will def give a louder sound.
    He can always take the mufflers off to get an idea what it would sound like. (They are only held in by 2 bolts per muffler.
    Last edited by xplaya; 19-05-2017 at 11:28 AM.

I saw these muffler delete pipes that have a j pipe on them, never heard of them before but it's meant to get rid of the drone. Any had experience with these.
    VF GTS, 22.5% overdrive pulley, 2" primary 4-1 extractors on to twin 3" exhaust, Cold Air, 160 deg thermostat, Cam, double valve springs, 65lbs injectors. 649 rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Remdogg View Post
    My mate is on a budget and wants some sound, nothing crazy. He doesn't care about power or tunes. Has anybody tried the rear muffler delete pipes on a VE. Do they drone or do they make much difference at all.
    Funny you should mention this, I recently did this last week. I have a walkinshaw 2.5 system but was pretty quiet until you stepped on it....So last week took to a shop to sort it out.....removed rear mufflers and went straight through 2.5....sounds tough(well I think so).

Upsides: You will scare the sht out of anyone within 3 suburbs. The grin on your face doing so. Flybys through tunnels now shatter eardrums. Everyone gets out of your way now.
    Downsides: Drone....if u remove mufflers there will be drone. Cruising on the highway at 110 in 6th can be annoying. But around town its pretty good.

ill try put up a sound clip when I can work it out.
    2008 MY09 HSV VE SENATOR #0270. WALKINSHAW ENHANCED.
    WhipLash

Quote Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
    Funny you should mention this, I recently did this last week. I have a walkinshaw 2.5 system but was pretty quiet until you stepped on it....So last week took to a shop to sort it out.....removed rear mufflers and went straight through 2.5....sounds tough(well I think so).

Upsides: You will scare the sht out of anyone within 3 suburbs. The grin on your face doing so. Flybys through tunnels now shatter eardrums. Everyone gets out of your way now.
    Downsides: Drone....if u remove mufflers there will be drone. Cruising on the highway at 110 in 6th can be annoying. But around town its pretty good.

ill try put up a sound clip when I can work it out.

Does yours have j pipes

sedan or sportwagon?

if wagon, I do not suggest it... the drone booom noise is appalling
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    sedan or sportwagon?

if wagon, I do not suggest it... the drone booom noise is appalling
    Sedan

Does yours have j pipes
    Pipes are in the shape of a J so I can only assume this is what you meant.
    2008 MY09 HSV VE SENATOR #0270. WALKINSHAW ENHANCED.
    WhipLash

Thread Information