HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Keyless remote stopped working - how do you reset? I'm currently charging the spare.

My Keyless remote for HSV GTS stopped working - how do you reset? I'm currently charging the spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mike42GTS View Post
    My Keyless remote for HSV GTS stopped working - how do you reset? I'm currently charging the spare.

try plugging it into the holder inside the centre console

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    try plugging it into the holder inside the centre console
    Yep that gets me started & I think it's charging but how long does it take to charge?

have you changed the battery

Yep that gets me started & I think it's charging but how long does it take to charge?
    Charging???

I don't think these things are rechargeable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by spidy View Post
    Charging???

I don't think these things are rechargeable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    No they don't recharge,there's a little battery under the cover

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    No they don't recharge,there's a little battery under the cover

VF key bty change flip the key open then push up from where the key blade was, it opens, takes 2 seconds, little force needed
    with one finger. As above, one good quality CR2032 required. Unbelievable the most common bty for $2 ebay or $3.50 from coles.
    If your fussy don't get oily finger prints on the bty it just reduces the contact quality a very very small amount.
    I read people being charged $20 at dealers.
    If you test the 3V bty once it goes down to around 2.9-3.0 or a couple of years old you may want to change it anyway. The VF should have the long range remote (up to 600m for remote start) bloody impressive!
    If I'm not far off going back to the car and can see someone about to open their door next to our car with a ton of shi$%
    I hit the remote start (explosion) so they get the hint they are being watched, some just stare at the car in disbelief as to how it started. I think Hyundai even have that option now.

Can I buy your GTS once the remote key has recharge or when its three years old, your car will be a very low millage model
    don't wait in the car. In saying that with jest, it would be interesting to see if the VF would start with the key inside the key slot without the key fob battery fitted! Of course you have already managed to get inside the car, that would need the battery fitted in the remote. The VE would start with the key blade only, after two hours, as a safety feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Can I buy your GTS once the remote key has recharge or when its three years old, your car will be a very low millage model
    don't wait in the car. In saying that with jest, it would be interesting to see if the VF would start with the key inside the key slot without the key fob battery fitted! Of course you have already managed to get inside the car, that would need the battery fitted in the remote. The VE would start with the key blade only, after two hours, as a safety feature.
    The VF doesn't have a key slot. It has a cavity inside the arm rest console to fit the entire fob in. It's there specifically for that reason, if your battery goes flat, insert fob into said cavity and the car will start.

Thread Information