HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    If the car is built in the States, in RHD, at some time in the future, then in all probability it will come to Aus.
    But at what price?,..it ain't a cheap car in the States, and some of the better models are very expensive, so at the price that it will be when it gets here,..even at $150K+, it ain't gonna be a volume seller, it ain't gonna do anything for Holden, like what Mustang has done for Ford Aus.
    IMHO, a U.S. built, factory RHD Camaro would be more competitive, and would be reachable by more buyers.
    Just so everyone knows, I LOVE Corvette, I just don't think that it will ever be sold at a competitive price in Aussie,...IMHO it'll be more expensive than the W1.
    Pickles.
    I'm sure they're over 100k in the States, so we wouldn't see one for under 250 k I thinks..
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Depends on the model. Only the older ZR1 was over 100k US. They are somewhat expensive but not as bad as a lot of people are making them out to be. No worse than the Caddy's really.

They start around 55-60k, working up to the 70 mark for the higher level trim and the Z06 starts around 80k so you could easily see them under the 100k mark here if they are made in RHD form. If they bought in say 3 different specs and priced them at 85-120k, they'd sell reasonably well IMO. Even adding the cheaper Camaro from 60-90k could make a nice 4 or 5 car range but I'm not sure we'll see both.

The rumoured 2018 ZR1 would be an entirely different story!

Ok I just priced a brand new Z06 via the Chevy website and I ticked all the boxes I could for it and the price came out at $121,000 USD so converted to our money that would have to be around the $160,000 AUD mark. It would have to be around the $200,000AUD by 2019 with the new engine layout etc.

Give me a GEN-F GTS with $20k thrown at it and IMO I'd still have just as good a vehicle.

2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

You'd need to compare apples with apples, 20k in the aftermarket goes a lot further than 20k in the factory. You may need to spec up the trim from the bare bones base model but it would still only be around current GTSR money and would run rings around it. We wouldn't get a fully kitted out Z06 here, it would be the base model, like the Mustang. If you threw the same money at that as the GTS, it's going to be quicker than the fully optioned factory car.

The Z06 is 400-500kg lighter than a GTS and makes 485kw in standard guise. It runs a very low 7 minute lap around the 'Ring (some sources say it's cracked the 7 minute mark), that puts it right up there in supercar territory, one of the top 10 in the world.

You can always modify cars to make them quicker than factory cars but that's not really the point to most, otherwise the W1 wouldn't have sold...

Another one to watch would be the Camaro ZL1 1LE. 70k US and will tear up the track. Again, would run rings around a W1 for GTS money but no chance of seeing it here

120 was the base price for w1 so theres your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rides413 View Post
    120 was the base price for w1 so theres your answer
    120k is driveaway for GTSR - w1 is 170k plus on road, which puts it around the 200k mark.

Cook & I went to Bowling Green & did the Corvette Museum 2 years ago.
    You can actually have your 'Vette" delivered to you at the museum.
    There was one getting delivered whilst we were there & it was an amazing experience
    for the new owner.
    Anyway, they had at least a dozen "new" Vette's waiting on delivery, and I
    can't even begin to write here how impressed I was with them.
    I was never really an American car fan, but the new Camaro & Corvette just blow me away.
    If they make their way here I'll be a buyer without a doubt......

look at this for 70k US : -

http://camarosocial.com/zl1-1le-extr...camaro-lineup/

You could import & convert it for around 160/180k AU in total I reckon....

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    120k is driveaway for GTSR - w1 is 170k plus on road, which puts it around the 200k mark.

Cook & I went to Bowling Green & did the Corvette Museum 2 years ago.
    You can actually have your 'Vette" delivered to you at the museum.
    There was one getting delivered whilst we were there & it was an amazing experience
    for the new owner.
    Anyway, they had at least a dozen "new" Vette's waiting on delivery, and I
    can't even begin to write here how impressed I was with them.
    I was never really an American car fan, but the new Camaro & Corvette just blow me away.
    If they make their way here I'll be a buyer without a doubt......
    w1 was132k plus all other add ons gst stamp duty lct plus rego dealer delivery 185k plus a bit more probably for corvette i just checked my invoice any way i think my mrs just wants one cant wait

Thread Information