HSV Forum

Page 17 of 17 First << ... 7151617

Thread: Car tracker etc

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Hi Fellas,

Update on my lodgement of complaint against Luca through PayPal. They advised me that they have concluded their investigation of my case and have decided in my favour. A full refund will be credited to my account and that PayPal will take appropriate action against the seller.

For those who's in a similar situation, if it helps, feel free to quote my Resolution Case No: #PP-006-179-435-163

What a shame that this has ended up this way, I'm sure the seller has good reasons but that's not for me judge. At least I've got my resolution and money back.
    just received this (very surprised to see it in my Inbox)

First of all I wanted to say sorry for taking so long to get in contact with you. As some people knew, I went away travelling in August last year and have only just arrived back. In that time I put a complete pause on my emails so I could truly get away from the distractions, that might've been a mistake.

As I've just found out, we had a major issue with the ET905 during August which resulted in many of the ET905's not functioning anymore. I went over the issue with the manufacturer prior to my purchasing of the devices, and they assured me there was nothing to be worried about, and in the end there was. I was duped just as many of you might feel. Believe me, that was not my intention. We're now trying to get in contact with the manufacturer, to no avail.

Many of you submitted a refund through Paypal, which was the best course of action.

Here's what we wanted to let you know. We will no longer be selling the ET905 or any similar trackers. Yes, they provide a cheaper option than what the current Australian market offers but the quality and reliability of the trackers and platform aren't even on the charts compared to the professional companies.

Instead, we are teaming up with several of the best companies around Australia to provide you great deals on high quality vehicle trackers. These are companies that have proven, reliable and accurate devices with a dedicated Australian support team.

I'll fill you in with some more information soon. If you have any questions or concerns just shoot a reply to this email.

Cheers, Luca.

Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Maybe luca can send me a refund which paypal, for some ridiculous reason failed to do, even with all the other cases lodged. Not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander2287 View Post
    Maybe luca can send me a refund which paypal, for some ridiculous reason failed to do, even with all the other cases lodged. Not happy.
    the email I got came from.... luca@gpscartrackersclub.com
    send him a message
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Thanks, have done just that. Lets see if he has the balls or the decency to do something about it.

Car Trackers.
    The base model for around $100-150 now we use 3/4G seem to have vanished. I'm using a "Car tracker" and its costing me a fortune in time to program. Other similar models need to be hard wired the rest are conected hard wired.
    So i emailed Luca he is now using a similar model to truck companies it plugs into the OBD port is $249 and $18 a month no contracts. It also tracks fuel etc. No sure how hidden it is but it will alarm if unplugged. Model FM 3001. I will look into it further his last tracker was perfect once we sorted the sim type and programming.
    Cheers Andrew.

Why wouldn't you hard wire an old iPhone and use the "find my iPhone" and $10 a month phone plan

Good point but a car tracker will sms you if your car overspeeds so for mechanical work set the speed to 5km so you can see when the car moves. You can also set a location zone so if you car moves from your local area again you are sms.
    You can also call the tracker for audio. So the phone works but could be too slow once your car is stolen and placed into a metal shed or shipping container prior to a complete strip that night or a joy ride and match. I read some insurance companies will lower premiums if as tracker is used. I think car trackers should be standard on all new cars. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Good point but a car tracker will sms you if your car overspeeds so for mechanical work set the speed to 5km so you can see when the car moves. You can also set a location zone so if you car moves from your local area again you are sms.
    You can also call the tracker for audio. So the phone works but could be too slow once your car is stolen and placed into a metal shed or shipping container prior to a complete strip that night or a joy ride and match. I read some insurance companies will lower premiums if as tracker is used. I think car trackers should be standard on all new cars. Cheers.
    The problem with factory trackers would be the same as factory alarms. Once their location is known they quickly become obsolete as they are easily targeted. Aftermarket keeps it a mystery to what tracker and where is it located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently purchased a black knight tracker. It's hard wired into car. No sim card required as it has a clip for Gps location. It's not cheap. Paid $500 for it. The first year of service is for free. After that I think it is $130 a year for service and alerts. Product works well similar to the one luca was selling. Easy to set up. I got screwed by luca and wouldn't purchase anything he sells as it failed after 6 months and didn't my money back. Only good thing the one luca was selling was it had a strong magnet and and portable so you could stick it anywhere. Where this one gets fitted in the boot near the battery, car being VF. Not much room to install it. Used double sided Velcro tape to mount it. Very happy it, but it is on the expense side.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

.I can't get my average, NR200 working after the 12 month sim credit ran out.
    I'm thinking about an obd port tracker more to track it during service work transporting and dumb theft. Cheers
    It must get power from the port and the OBD port is now further back under the dash so not visable. I recon during a service they would need to remove it if the diagnostics was run or a software upgrade was needed. I would prefer a tracker with no monthly fee just like strava or garmin.
    Their are some stupid trackers on the market!
    To add i have ordered another tracker. I know all OBD1 ports are the same shape i doubt all have the same wite layout but the standard ports must be the same by law sort of.
    The car could be more susesptable to computer faults/viruses, i would keep the sim number confidential!
    Now to find out if the obd port has a power on pin when the car is off, i know some electronics are always on. Cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 1 Week Ago at 09:58 PM.

Thread Information