HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

NO Heater or Aircon E1

VE E1 LS2..

The AC fan belt came off with the Common Harmonic Balancer so got all of this replaced.

I thought this would fix my no heater / Aircon issue. Sadly it has not?

Anyone know what else it could be?
    I read somewhere if the gas is low the system wont work? How can we check if gas is low?

The dials are working / changing on the IQ, just no heater or AC
    Last edited by xplaya; 30-04-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Ring a friendly auto electrician to see if one of the computers also has an input to the workings. If the mechanical end is working correctly, there can be little else to check.

so there is no hot air on heat and no cold air on a/c?

if it was just no a/c id just get a service done on tge air con. but if no heater as well just outside air it may be something behind the dash.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi yes

There is no type of fan is blowing on the inside at all. The dials changes things on the IQ. And the fans turn on in the engine bay when gets hot etc just nothing in through the cabin?

Ive tried the relearn trick seems it ddnt work though

So its more something behind the dash board? Which fuse can I check? Nothing says aircon etc lol

There were issues with the fascia connection, I believe there was an update to fix the software issue but it can still play up if it has a bad connection. Sometimes pulling it off and ensuring its properly put back on can fix it

the blower fan isn't working then ask a auto sparky to test tge blower fan or if your confident enough its under the passenger side dash in the footwell miggt have to take a panel off to access it. use a test light to see if it gets any power.

Thanks will give that a go this week. I am confident enough to take panels off and test myself if i know what to test Felt like i had to strip half the car just to get a acc wire to the boot lol
    Last edited by xplaya; 03-05-2017 at 01:55 PM.

You've probably lost the gas, I can't remember if the VE is the same as the VT-VZ style orifice tube A/C system. PITA to work with. I've got some part numbers for the actuators which have faulted a few times in the VE range.

Do any of you know how common the actuator fault is for the vents on the VE?
    If your actuators are shot here are the part numbers. You'll need:
    ACTUATOR ASM x3 PN# 92192343
    ACTUATOR ASM x1 PN# 92203238
    A stubby and a long phillips screwdriver, some time and patience, little hands help too. They're only around $30-40 each so not too bad to replace 4 actuators if they are at fault.
    Country Family 2.2 working for the Big Australian. Dual-trade mechanic LV/SME.
    Favourite saying: Go Dad! Go! Ohh, Alright then.
    Rides:
    2015 Gen-F2 Clubsport R8 LSA 6 speed Auto Slipstream Blue: Mum's family car.
    K&N panel filter.
    2010 VE SS Redline Ute 6 speed Manual Red Hot: Dad's play rig.
    Pacemaker headers, 3" exhaust, 2.5" DPE rear mufflers, OTR.

2011 JG Cruze CDX 6 speed Auto Velvet Red: Dad's drive to work car.
    HSV badges lel.

Quote Originally Posted by LSA199 View Post
    You've probably lost the gas, I can't remember if the VE is the same as the VT-VZ style orifice tube A/C system. PITA to work with. I've got some part numbers for the actuators which have faulted a few times in the VE range.

Do any of you know how common the actuator fault is for the vents on the VE?
    If your actuators are shot here are the part numbers. You'll need:
    ACTUATOR ASM x3 PN# 92192343
    ACTUATOR ASM x1 PN# 92203238
    A stubby and a long phillips screwdriver, some time and patience, little hands help too. They're only around $30-40 each so not too bad to replace 4 actuators if they are at fault.
    Can losing Gas shut down the whole fan system?
    When I change the dials on the IQ i can hear the vents moving / changing position. So does that mean they are working correct? Have not had a chance to test the blower yet.

not the blower fan, have had ve's in with no gas and the fan still works for the heaters.

Thread Information