HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Maloo R8 LSA 0-100 and breaking in

I got a SSV Redline Ute last year, and loved it so much i upgraded to a Maloo R8 LSA which should get delivered September 1.

I have read all the reviews, driven it, watched video's, and i am a bit confused as to the exact 0-100 stats. One video online shows the manual getting 0-100 in about 4.1 seconds?

I wanted to ask from people with experience can it actually achieve those times?

My second question is regarding the age old question of breaking in cars. The dealer assured me no break in is necessary, but my mate recently got a C43 AMG and his dealer told him not to rev is over 4000rpm before 2000kms. I have heard so many stories from different people with different strategies for breaking it in, i just want a few people to give me advice from experience.

Other than that i'm new to the forums and very excited to be part of the HSV club!

Quote Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    I got a SSV Redline Ute last year, and loved it so much i upgraded to a Maloo R8 LSA which should get delivered September 1.

I have read all the reviews, driven it, watched video's, and i am a bit confused as to the exact 0-100 stats. One video online shows the manual getting 0-100 in about 4.1 seconds?

I wanted to ask from people with experience can it actually achieve those times?

My second question is regarding the age old question of breaking in cars. The dealer assured me no break in is necessary, but my mate recently got a C43 AMG and his dealer told him not to rev is over 4000rpm before 2000kms. I have heard so many stories from different people with different strategies for breaking it in, i just want a few people to give me advice from experience.

Other than that i'm new to the forums and very excited to be part of the HSV club!
    I'm newish to the forum too so I don't feel like I have the right welcome you yet but I'm glad you're here I'm waiting on my first HSV too.

For your question on breaking in, this guys says yes with some details about why:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklqJnm7_TY

Was the video you watched a legit one where they used a proper timing device (VBox) or just a smart phone/speedo?
    If it was a VBox it would be pretty accurate except for maybe incline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once up to temp drive it like you stole it, has worked for many people beading in the rings

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Once up to temp drive it like you stole it, has worked for many people beading in the rings
    What temp do you think is high enough? I usually try to get my GTS over 90

2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

this is the video i watched:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLNCWzJeWxE

i think common sense in the first 1000kms, vary the revs, always let it warm up and avoid small trips.

The only reason i am a bit worried is because its a late 2017 delivered maloo, one of the final ones ever made, and intend on keeping it for life!

this is the video i watched:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLNCWzJeWxE

i think common sense in the first 1000kms, vary the revs, always let it warm up and avoid small trips.

The only reason i am a bit worried is because its a late 2017 delivered maloo, one of the final ones ever made, and intend on keeping it for life!
    Checked their website and they use a VBox sport for their times. Impressive times especially for a private road and street tyres. Video is a GTS Maloo, not sure the difference between it and the LSA Maloo and Maloo GTSR.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    What temp do you think is high enough? I usually try to get my GTS over 90

Oil up to 95c at a minimum then 10-15min of hard driving avoid using the gears to slow you down.
    Plenty of articles and engine component pictures online from breaking in engines correctly and incorrectly

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

thanks for the advice regarding breaking in.

regards to the 0-100, i dont think theres much spec difference in the gts and the new 2017 R8 LSA, also i got the 0.5" wider rapier wheels, so that 5% extra traction should account for something.

Anyways, only one way to find out and thats to take it down to the strip after ive broken it in and line it up against my mates m4

thanks for the advice regarding breaking in.

regards to the 0-100, i dont think theres much spec difference in the gts and the new 2017 R8 LSA, also i got the 0.5" wider rapier wheels, so that 5% extra traction should account for something.

Anyways, only one way to find out and thats to take it down to the strip after ive broken it in and line it up against my mates m4
    Are you in Sydney?

Thread Information