HSV Forum

Using car without side skirts

My sideskirts need repainting, but of course it's also my daily driver. Has anyone popped all the clips off, probably reinstall the rubber door base strips and driven about minus side skirts for a bit? I'd imagine it looks stupid but may be one way to get them done and still have a car!
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

Yeah, it'll just look a bit weird. Had one of mine painted off the car a long time ago...Got done when I was away at work but there wouldn't have been an issue driving the car around

Thanks, I'll make sure they are ready to do the job before I drop them in, limit the ridicule!
    I wonder if any NOS HSV parts places have the stonechip clear patches, no doubt the spray painters have something that does the same job cut to shape.
    Ben

The painters who come to you, did a good job on respraying the front 'scraper' on the WK. The skirts are plastic and don't need much preparation. Didn't quite match the paint in all angles of light but was happy to come back to correct (and did).

Aah yes, well mine are a bit more involved with clear coat lifting and minor repairs and in a metallic colour that needs to match or obvious. Pity the full emblems for VX aren't available but enough to make it look the part.
    Ben

Thread Information