HSV Forum

Harrop or Magnusson supercharger

Hi all. Looking at supercharging my ls3 maloo.
    Just want peoples opinions on the harrop and Magnusson SuperChargers.
    Pros and cons of both. Why is one better than the other?

Thanks

Harrop downwards discharges intercooler sits in the base of the blower absorbing 100-110 degree engine heat.

Heartbeat upwards discharge intercooler sits at the highest point of the engine not absorbing anywhere near as much engine heat.

LSA is also the same as the heartbeat...heartbeat is 12k LSA is 10k for an entire engine low comp built for boost, have a read here about a direct comparison from 1900 to 2300 which also includes dyno results: http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...sus-LS9-Blower

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Harrop downwards discharges intercooler sits in the base of the blower absorbing 100-110 degree engine heat.

Heartbeat upwards discharge intercooler sits at the highest point of the engine not absorbing anywhere near as much engine heat.

LSA is also the same as the heartbeat...heartbeat is 12k LSA is 10k for an entire engine low comp built for boost, have a read here about a direct comparison from 1900 to 2300 which also includes dyno results: http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...sus-LS9-Blower
    Just read this & the link.
    AWESOME & very interesting info Gen F.
    Thanks, Pickles.

I had the heartbeat on my LS3 for 3 years/60,000km's and never had one issue - changed the belt at 55,000 and it still looked new.. IAT2's were excellent, low to mid 20's in Perth's amazing weather

If i was to do it all over again i would possibly look at a killaboost turbo setup

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Hi Nath, did you have a cam in it also or was it stock. I checked out your mods page and it didn't say anything about the cam, thought you may have forgotten so hence the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegmaloo View Post
    Hi Nath, did you have a cam in it also or was it stock. I checked out your mods page and it didn't say anything about the cam, thought you may have forgotten so hence the question.
    I had factory cam & extractors due to being engineered - still got a healthy 400rwkw and more importantly it was bloody reliable as my daily. Some people chase numbers, i was more interested in how the car drove on the street

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

[QUOTE=Nath;..... Some people chase numbers, i was more interested in how the car drove on the street [/QUOTE]

Yep - same here

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Thread Information