HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
    So would a new LSA motor just drop straight in, bolt up and drive away? What else would need to be done to the car to change the engine? Really does sound like a good option hey. Just the motor cost, labour cost to have it swapped. many other costs?
    Still need a fair bit of add ons to get it all working. Even the heat exchanger side of things is expensive if using genuine parts. As Nath said, it was around 17k drive in/out, think that may have even been exchanging your LS3. So if you wanted to keep the LS3, budget over 20k. Double the price of the engine alone...

Selling your car and throwing another 20k in to the kitty can get you a fair bit of car, something you won't get back if you ever want to sell yours with the LSA in it. The cars with the factory LSA also have the better drive line and what not too. Not trying to deter you, I went the aftermarket route myself but on a fairly new car, with factory options available, it's definitely something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Still need a fair bit of add ons to get it all working. Even the heat exchanger side of things is expensive if using genuine parts. As Nath said, it was around 17k drive in/out, think that may have even been exchanging your LS3. So if you wanted to keep the LS3, budget over 20k. Double the price of the engine alone...

Selling your car and throwing another 20k in to the kitty can get you a fair bit of car, something you won't get back if you ever want to sell yours with the LSA in it. The cars with the factory LSA also have the better drive line and what not too. Not trying to deter you, I went the aftermarket route myself but on a fairly new car, with factory options available, it's definitely something to consider.
    $4,125 will get me a brand new LSA with absolutely everything. Brand new in boxes.

I actually would prefer not go forced, I love N/a - I really want to do Xforce 1 7/8 with 3 inch, stealthy cam like a harrop H05, or maybe H02 and get a Harrop Hurricane Manifold. They look bloody awesome and are supposed to be a lot more tuneable on the LS3 than previous LS motors. I'd probably benefit a lot more with getting heads done with the Hurricane.. Then All mixed with 3.45 or 3.7 gears.

That would be a fun tough N/A daily with some decent grunt. But arggg strapping on the blower instead of the hurricane and leaving the stock heads would be an animal.

So so confused.
    Last edited by Z16; 21-04-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
    $4,125 will get me a brand new LSA with absolutely everything. Brand new in boxes.

I actually would prefer not go forced, I love N/a - I really want to do Xforce 1 7/8 with 3 inch, stealthy cam like a harrop H05, or maybe H02 and get a Harrop Hurricane Manifold. They look bloody awesome and are supposed to be a lot more tuneable on the LS3 than previous LS motors. I'd probably benefit a lot more with getting heads done with the Hurricane.. Then All mixed with 3.45 or 3.7 gears.

That would be a fun tough N/A daily with some decent grunt. But arggg strapping on the blower instead of the hurricane and leaving the stock heads would be an animal.

So so confused.
    I would have a chat with a few workshops, possibly test drive similar combos to what you're looking at if you can and go from there. Everyone I know that has done the LSA blower has been around 10k all said and done, which is still cheaper than say a Heartbeat or Harrop FDFI but none the less, you don't want to scrimp on some things.

Thread Information