HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Brand new OEM LSA Blower complete. Good Price????

$5,000

Brand new,
    Is this a good price?

Only thing I will need to purchase seperate is a heat exchanger kit.... Heat Exchanger, coolant resevoir and pump and some hose. I wouldn't imagine that to be to pricey?

What is everyone's thoughts?

Also I don't want to go to a blower any bigger like a heartbeat 2.3 - yes a lot more power but a lot more dollars.

I'm just after a rocket off the line. I don't care for peak HP. This ixed with a small cam and gears will be spot on. Just not sure if this is a good price? Wondering what the whole kit it worth through Holden spare parts...

Cheers guys!

Ive seen the same ones for 2500 on ebay so I think its over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    Ive seen the same ones for 2500 on ebay so I think its over priced.
    I cant find one other anywhere else?

Too much in my opinion seen them much cheaper.
    Also keep in mind you can buy the whole LSA engine for 10k and it's low comp built for boost

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    9.703 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.56sec
    V-Box Results 0-60mph in 2.43sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Too much in my opinion seen them much cheaper.
    Also keep in mind you can buy the whole LSA engine for 10k and it's low comp built for boost
    Agree with GenF - better option is to buy the complete engine as its built for the blower.
    You can spend $5k on the LSA + prepare your motor for the LSA ( say $4k ), you get my drift.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Really, so bolting on this LSA blower to my VF LS3 will require more prep work? $$ thought it would be straight forward.

Better off just going down the heartbeat line hey! damn

Quote Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
    $5,000

Brand new,
    Is this a good price?

Only thing I will need to purchase separate is a heat exchanger kit.... Heat Exchanger, coolant reservoir and pump and some hose. I wouldn't imagine that to be to pricey?

Cheers guys!
    Those extra's I've heard will set you back a further $2.5-3k + a tune and install

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Really, so bolting on this LSA blower to my VF LS3 will require more prep work? $$ thought it would be straight forward.

Better off just going down the heartbeat line hey! damn
    No, boost is boost. If it's from the LSA blower or Heartbeat it doesn't really matter. You're putting boost in to a relatively high comp motor so there are limitations but a lot of people (including myself) have been doing it for the better part of 5 years without any issue. Keep it within the safe limits and it will be fine. What the guys are saying though is that you're spending 5k on just the blower but for 10k you can get a complete motor. Keep it relative...That said, add 5k to either of the prices to get it in and running. Another 3 if you want a cam.

Makes more sense to me to buy the GTS in the first place but I do understand your situation

So would a new LSA motor just drop straight in, bolt up and drive away? What else would need to be done to the car to change the engine? Really does sound like a good option hey. Just the motor cost, labour cost to have it swapped. many other costs?

So would a new LSA motor just drop straight in, bolt up and drive away? What else would need to be done to the car to change the engine? Really does sound like a good option hey. Just the motor cost, labour cost to have it swapped. many other costs?
    There was/is a workshop in Perth offering a drive-in-drive-out service for ~$17k (I believe it may be cheaper now).

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...SA-Conversions

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Thread Information