HSV Forum

Question Help with my 07 R8 (Few Issues)

Hi Guys,

Long time no post. Hoping someone here can provide some solutions as I'm having a few annoying problems with my VE HSV 2007.

Problem 1:

Central Locking not working. The buttons work inside the car and unlock all doors. but the remote doesn't.

I've tried new batteries and from my understanding it's not the remote. I need to use the key to get inside the car, then need to quickly go to accessories to stop the alarm. Same goes for locking, need to use the door.

Problem 2:

Alternator light on, but car charging as normal. I notice this was mentioned in the "common problems". Is this just a case of replacing the alternator completely?

Appreciate any help offered!

Hi 50paid looks like ur up for a Alternator .. did mine the other day so if your alt light comes on and battery light ur alt is on the way out and they dont rebuild them .not cheap either

I think genuine from Holden cost me about $550. Worth doing sooner rather than later as I have a few residual issues with central gauges that I'm pretty sure are as a result of the voltage fluctuations associated with the dying alternator.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Thanks guys..

Any ideas on the central locking?

Sounds like the receiver but can also be the computer module. Not a simple fix if reprogramming is required. R & C Automotive - Subaru service agent in Wollongong sends all their ignition/locking electronic components to Melbourne for reprogramming. Their method works; the dealer's method doesn't. Phone Number is 02 - 422 883 87; they can tell you who they use.

my alt was only $260 from Baxters, genuine in a box

my alt was only $260 from Baxters, sealed in an a genuine box
    http://www.baxters.com.au/about-electrical-accessories/

Yeah, I wouldn't pay anywhere near $500 for an alternator. Easily find new, genuine ones for 250-300 delivered off eBay.

With the central locking, do you have another key to try? Sounds like it hasn't been programmed properly to me

Thread Information