HSV Forum

Page 4 of 10 First << ... 23456 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Totally different machines each with their qualities

Bmws drive really well, ive spent a lot of $ on it doing preventive maintenance as the engine is quite complex. Also did all the suspension and brakes and pirelli tires

Only problem is so many gadgets when it goes wrong most of the time back to bmw, and to be honest half the time they need to peck into their computer and work through a process to diagnose.
    More gadgets=more chance of things going wrong

Traction is fantastic even first gear roll on no wheelspin in the dry and not much in the wet

The hsv doing first gear roll lots of spins lol.
    The hsv is a playful machine and i love the torque

I understand the ls2 has approx 500nm available from 2000rpm with 6500 redline, the m5 s85 motor has around 500nm also but thats at 6000rpm and 8500rpm redline

Hsv flooring it feels like your accelerating fast, m5 flooring it off the line doesnt feel as quick (but its quicker) and really shines at higher gears 2-3-4 (its a 7 speed smg). Once above 140kmh it feels like entering warp speed as it feels it pulls harder the faster it goes

Ive got a hoist and working on the vz everything is pretty easy and parts new and used plentifull and fairly cheap

The m5 working on it is nightmare!

I like having both a german and australian machine from 2005 and enjoying the qualities they have

Ive driven most of the new bmws all series, a few hsvs, a few ferraris and a lambo gallardo. Did a few track days in the m5, but prefer canyon carving to be honest.

The vz i think particularly in this condition makes more of a statement where as the m5 looks like grandpas car and very discreet unless you"re and enthusiest and realise what lurks beneath.

The hsv feels like a torque monster
    Thanks for taking the time to reply and your comparison.

A close friend has had a couple of e60 M5's (sold the first to buy an Aston, then sold that and went back!) I'm a big fan of their interiors and whilst the rear end has not aged well (thanks Chris Bangle!) they still have a great presence on the road

Having had late model Euro's i can relate to the technical aspects and the difficulty in pleasing all the tech at once!

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum06 View Post
    I found the same with mine, but after going the Ripshift I think it's worse. The shift definetely feels more direct going through the gears which some may like, but for me I miss that slight 'softness' in the shift if you know what I mean.

I've even thought about buying a new original shifter and doing away with the Ripshift altogether.

Try changing the gearbox oil first and search "detent switch mod" on the yank forums. Should help.
    Thanks, i dont think its ever been done

Is dx3 correct fluid?

I found the drain bung but didnt notice where to fill? (Wasn't paying attention)

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply and your comparison.

A close friend has had a couple of e60 M5's (sold the first to buy an Aston, then sold that and went back!) I'm a big fan of their interiors and whilst the rear end has not aged well (thanks Chris Bangle!) they still have a great presence on the road

Having had late model Euro's i can relate to the technical aspects and the difficulty in pleasing all the tech at once!
    The m5 e60 is very unique thats for sure

The good news is they can be had cheaply, but thats due to repair costs being high

It only sees 5-10k km a year so i wasnt too concerned

I think repair wise ive only had to spend maybe $3k in 2 years but as im a perfectionist i spent about $30k refreshing everything and its now beautiful.

The astons although ive never driven one i understand very luxerious but lacking some driving dynamics

The new ones are meant to be better

My take on car brand in regards to performance

Mercedes amg: luxury floaty german hsv

Hsv: fun and playful, makes a statement

Bmw m: best driving dynamics money buster

Fpv: dunno never been there

Audi: reliable, the twin turbo v10 is extremely reliable but dont try do a corner too fast lol, straight line rocket

Lambo: look at me and neck snapping in the aventador (if i had the money id probably have one anyway)

Ferrari: stunning rwd car, very dynamic and playful and predictable, my favorite is f430, prefer it over the 458 for my type of driving
    Would love one in my stable at least once in my life

Bang for buck a hsv is a good buy, some of the other brands are also good buys as they devalue incredibly quick but id never have a 2nd hand one as a daily unless i had a pile of cash for maintenance

AMG,..."Luxury, Floaty"?.....can't fully agree with that one,....We bought a new C63PP a few years ago,....."luxury" ..Yes, ... "Floaty"?...No way!
    Of course We all have different things that we like in a car, particularly if we're enthusiasts... I think the AMG product is brilliant, generally speaking better than BMW,..... IMHO of course,....like I said we all have our likes/dislikes/preferences etc.
    Cheers

Craze, get on the Penrite website and look at the recommended oil for the T56, it was a few years ago now that I replaced mine, but I think it was MGO70.
    I replaced my standard shifter with a ripshift and preferred the ripshift. You should also replace your diff oil, shit maybe that was the MGO70. Anyway the website will tell you.

Thanks

Pickles dont worry all imho lol

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Thanks

Pickles dont worry all imho lol
    All is good mate, like you say, it's all, "¤MHO"!
    I can't edit my posts on this forum for some reason, but I did want to say, my comment relates to "AMG" as distinct from "Mercedes"!
    Pickles.

Some new pics just detailed car

Very nice, craze. Beautiful machine!

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Thread Information