HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by QIKMIK View Post
    Aerpro APU8SUM. Same as the AudioControl LC8i. Has remote trigger from audio signal.

https://aerpro.com/apu8sum

Mick
    Im trying to think why i would need so many RCA input/outputs? Do they have a smaller version lol

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    the head unit uses "can" and i think the rear amp uses speaker inputs (all tho it turns on before sound so maby can also) i have a media player in mine for the screen and i wanted a trigger so it stayed on with the head unit but there is none so i ended up using a timer so its triggered with accessories on and stays on for an hour after loss of acc power (or any set time) then turns off
    What is this timer you talking about?

its just a timer we sell at work its like a turbo timer but with a longer time available and u choose the trigger, just have constant power to one side then u can use accessories or ignition power in which switches it on then it will stay on until the trigger is removed then the timer starts i have it for an hour, or if it gets the trigger again before it times out it just stays on till it looses trigger again then timer starts ect, they are good quality and prob not the cheapest but maby even like jaycar may have something like it in a kit maby but not sure of there quality

Quote Originally Posted by xplaya View Post
    Im trying to think why i would need so many RCA input/outputs? Do they have a smaller version lol
    There are others on the site (2- and 4-channel) but it doesn't say if they do the speaker/remote trigger thing.

If you do fronts, rears and subs with aftermarket amps, you'll use at least three of the four pairs.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

I see. Thats ok played around with it over the weekend.

Ended up finding a remote ACC wire near the stereo panel and ran it back to the boot (Seems like there is NO 12v acc wire in the original AMP loom at all? Or I couldn't find it. Maybe the stock amp uses signal sensing to turn on?

Connected into the speaker output from the original loom fine, so all is working.
    Last edited by xplaya; 28-04-2017 at 07:36 AM.

I've done some more reading. So can i connect the line out converter to the sub wires from the parcel shelf and then have RCA outputs for amp then just connect power to battery and im done?

I dont mind only having the sub only on when the car is running so i shouldn't have to worry about a 12v acc wire?

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    So can i connect the line out converter to the sub wires from the parcel shelf and then have RCA outputs for amp then just connect power to battery and im done?
    Pretty much. I'll have to let you have a squizz at my set up. PM sent.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature

Sweet mate, I'm not back until Sunday week after next now but keen after that.

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    I've done some more reading. So can i connect the line out converter to the sub wires from the parcel shelf and then have RCA outputs for amp then just connect power to battery and im done?
    I was originally going to do this, but then the thought of 2 amps running when the car is powered down worried me. And wondered if that was too much power from the 1st amp to LOC then to the 2nd amp if that had any issues / distortion?
    Anyone know how long the original AMP stays on for before turning off?

Also doesn't a LOC require remote wire?
    Last edited by xplaya; 28-04-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xplaya View Post
    Also doesn't a LOC require remote wire?
    The Aerpro item doesn't. Speaker level sensing. Voodoo magic but it works.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature

Thread Information