HSV Forum

Page 3 of 5 First << 12345 Last >>

Thread: 2018

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but,...a Kia as a Police pursuit vehicle?
    I know NOTHING official, apart from the fact that a month or so ago I had a casual conversation with a Highway patrolman, & He mentioned the Stinger.
    Rear Wheel Drive, 0-100 4.9, I reckon it could be the one,....I mean, what else is there?
    Of course there's plenty of big dollar cars, but I don't see any budget for them.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Of course there's plenty of big dollar cars, but I don't see any budget for them.
    Pickles.
    ... a major hurdle for Vicpol (and I would imagine the other states) with their replacement vehicles
    Holden have/had serious fleet $ discounts available to the various state forces/RTA/Govt depts
    and
    will KIA/Jeep/BMW etc come to the party? time will tell
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but,...a Kia as a Police pursuit vehicle?
    I know NOTHING official, apart from the fact that a month or so ago I had a casual conversation with a Highway patrolman, & He mentioned the Stinger.
    Rear Wheel Drive, 0-100 4.9, I reckon it could be the one,....I mean, what else is there?
    Pickles.
    If they were to use the Stinger there won't be any highway patrol cars on the road,most of them will be in the workshop getting engine rebuilds,The boys in blue are not very gentle on their cars

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    If they were to use the Stinger there won't be any highway patrol cars on the road,most of them will be in the workshop getting engine rebuilds,The boys in blue are not very gentle on their cars
    Ain't arguing with you!!! "Engine rebuilds"?.....what about transmissions, brakes, etc etc?!!
    But what else is there?
    Pickles.

2018???.. well it DEFINITELY won't be this ! a Holden Subaru Outback rival ?.. announced today (and no it is NOT April Fools Day)
    (just what are Holden thinking? )

More here....

http://www.drive.com.au/drive/motor-...04-gvdvl3.html
    Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    2018???.. well it DEFINITELY won't be this ! a Holden Subaru Outback rival ?.. announced today (and no it is NOT April Fools Day)
    (just what are Holden thinking? )

More here....

http://www.drive.com.au/drive/motor-...04-gvdvl3.html
    Agree,...Holden haven't got much going for itself at the moment IMHO.
    Pickles.

I can actually see this being a vehicle government fleet controllers will look at and purchase. Why? AWD, plenty of safety features, economy and raised slightly ride height.
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Ain't arguing with you!!! "Engine rebuilds"?.....what about transmissions, brakes, etc etc?!!
    But what else is there?
    Pickles.
    I get we all love Holdens and HSV's (and those of us lucky enough to have had an HDT ), but how can you guys possibly say this when the stinger hasn't even been released yet. I will test drive one, along with offerings from Skoda, VW, MB & BMW.

I mentioned in another thread that the 'Stinger' might be my next car???

Back to thread though .... from what Sniper has suggested, sounds like the US offerings of Camaro/Corvette aren't a consideration going forward???
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Quote Originally Posted by Senator01 View Post
    ............... sounds like the US offerings of Camaro/Corvette aren't a consideration going forward???
    NOT I would agree ... if Holden are putting all their efforts into bringing in Subaru competitors
    Smitty

Thread Information