HSV Forum


Page 2 of 5 First << 1234 ... Last >>
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: 2018

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wherever I hang my hat
    Posts
    85
    Part of the issue I believe, is that the market has shifted to people who just want a four-wheeled version of their smartphone. They don't give a toss about whether it is a driver's car or not, only that it is efficient on fuel, and can connect with their bloody phone

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Part of the issue I believe, is that the market has shifted to people who just want a four-wheeled version of their smartphone. They don't give a toss about whether it is a driver's car or not, only that it is efficient on fuel, and can connect with their bloody phone
    lot of truth in that..... as long as it has coffee cup holders
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    40
    Probably not Vic Pol. Commodore ute (div van) will be replaced by Colorado, Ford territory 2wd replaced by Hyundai Santa Fe and Territory 4wd replaced by Toyota Kluga. Station sedan (commodore) not formally announced but Hyundai and Kia are prepared to develop suitable vehicle, possibly Kia Stinger.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Byron Bay
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by dmhhsv View Post
    Probably not Vic Pol. Commodore ute (div van) will be replaced by Colorado, Ford territory 2wd replaced by Hyundai Santa Fe and Territory 4wd replaced by Toyota Kluga. Station sedan (commodore) not formally announced but Hyundai and Kia are prepared to develop suitable vehicle, possibly Kia Stinger.

    There is a big problem with replacing vehicles with other models, for example replacing the Commodore ute with the Colorado. The Colorado is a Category 4 vehicle and unable to give pursuit where as the current Commodore ute is a Category 2 vehicle and can give pursuit. These are issues every Police agency in Australia is now facing. To give you an idea Category 1 vehicles are SS Commodores/XR6T Falcon's etc. All genuine high performance dedicated highway patrol vehicles.

    NSW Police will replace Falcon and Commodore utes with Toyota Fortunner and QLD Police the Subaru Forester. GD wagons will won't be effected in NSW or QLD as they already use Toyota Hilux's, Ford Ranger "Dangers", Isuzu DMax's/Holden Colorado.

    The day someone makes another V8 RWD or even AWD ute like Commodore/Falcon they will be swamped quickly with Police agency requests.
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A


    Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,331
    subscribed

    Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    There is a big problem with replacing vehicles with other models, for example replacing the Commodore ute with the Colorado. The Colorado is a Category 4 vehicle and unable to give pursuit where as the current Commodore ute is a Category 2 vehicle and can give pursuit. These are issues every Police agency in Australia is now facing. To give you an idea Category 1 vehicles are SS Commodores/XR6T Falcon's etc. All genuine high performance dedicated highway patrol vehicles.

    NSW Police will replace Falcon and Commodore utes with Toyota Fortunner and QLD Police the Subaru Forester. GD wagons will won't be effected in NSW or QLD as they already use Toyota Hilux's, Ford Ranger "Dangers", Isuzu DMax's/Holden Colorado.

    The day someone makes another V8 RWD or even AWD ute like Commodore/Falcon they will be swamped quickly with Police agency requests.
    Vicpol .. have ummm 'seriously considered' hipo V8 4WD versions.. Jeep SRT and the euro BMW and Merc models
    to replace the current Commodore/Falcons . All failed a number of tests .. plus the SRT had a number of 'other failures
    involving cooling, electrical and transmission systems' ruling them out. The Euro model prices are also a barrier

    The results of that ...have deliveries (even after the factory shuts) of V8 SS model Commodores to Vicpol continuing well into 2018 It is reputed that all Australian state forces have ordered approx 2500 vehicles from Holden (to be made before closure)
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    312
    Long live the police interceptor.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Byron Bay
    Posts
    1,832
    Smitty, you would be amazed at what some of the states have "seriously considered" lol. What they have to consider is also resale value. For example Volvo make a dedicated Police dog vehicle readily available in the UK/Europe but we all know the resale value of a Volvo lol, so that was one of many I know that went by the wayside.

    I don't know what Chevy will sell in NA if they delete our Caprice sold there as the PPV.

    There is also then the other issues of AWD vehicles and the Australian Standards for vehicle/side mounted radars i.e KR-10 and KR-11 etc. The AS states that these are to be used only with RWD vehicles, not AWD. This was a contentious issue in the late 90's/early 2000's when some states trialled WRX's and EVO's. All infringements had to cancelled and money returned to the drivers.

    There is a lot of "behind the scenes" regulations that need to be addressed before vehicles can just be swapped around/over.
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A


    Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    .................

    There is a lot of "behind the scenes" regulations that need to be addressed before vehicles can just be swapped around/over.
    not the least of which... is getting them to STOP
    (as Ford found out with the Mustang )
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Byron Bay
    Posts
    1,832
    ^^^^^^^^^ lol lol lol

    POI to Police Officer on the side of the road after a vehicle pursuit;-

    POI:- "Gee them Mustangs have shit hot brakes hey constable"
    Officer:- "Brakes, what brakes, you were right when you said they're shit when hot"
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A


    Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •