HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Lightbulb VF-GEN-F2 Maloo LSA Exhaust upgrade ideas

Hi Guys,

First of all I love my Wife but man she can drive me absolutely batty.... Unfortunately I can't trade her in

2nd I like to plan my upgrade months in advanced (MRS hates me wasting money on cars) so I find ways of affording things without her knowledge... haha

My current upgrade will be a HARROP Stage 2 system which I've already purchased and its hidden in my fathers workshop hahaha

500 kW / 900 Nm
    Harrop Cold Air Induction System
    Supercharger drive pulley
    160 degree thermostat
    ECU Recalibration

However the note from the exhaust is toooo quiet, I want to make it a bit louder without going toooo crazy with the exhaust (I HATE DRONE) New headers onto Old exhaust or Old headers onto a new exhaust ?

Bare in mind I can't go too crazy without the Mrs's finding out, she never pops bonnet of a car anyways (Mans job) But she will hear the difference if its really loud...

I'm open to all ideas besides ditching the wife hahaha

Hi mate, for what you want, a cat back system running your stock headers will do the job.
    But if you're going the Harrop stage 2 kit, I'd go full exhaust including high flow cats and 1 7/8" ceramic coated headers.

Just do what I do when it comes to upgrades, tell the missus that you're only doing the upgrades because the stock parts are prone to failure and when they do go, they're very expensive to replace.
    You're only doing the mods to save money down the track..

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Clubby View Post
    Hi mate, for what you want, a cat back system running your stock headers will do the job.
    But if you're going the Harrop stage 2 kit, I'd go full exhaust including high flow cats and 1 7/8" ceramic coated headers.

Just do what I do when it comes to upgrades, tell the missus that you're only doing the upgrades because the stock parts are prone to failure and when they do go, they're very expensive to replace.
    You're only doing the mods to save money down the track..
    Hahaha, its only okay to spend money when its on her car.. .... She bought an SSV Redline with W310 Kit upgrade..
    i bought a HSV and wanted to put full exhaust on it and she went mental at me saying "just be happy with what you have"

Recommend any exhaust headers / exhaust systems ?

Was looking at Harrop but their headers are expensive.
    Last edited by Kornyj; 19-03-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Ive got a Walkinshaw cat back on my Clubsport, which is just a rebranded Difilippo system.
    It sounds good when your foot is almost through the firewall, and a deeper note at idle.
    It never used to drone at all until i cut the Walkinshaw tips off because they stuck out too far and looked shit.

I hear good things about Manta exhausts, (not the legendary HSV Manta) they're supposedly pretty great with no drone.
    The Difilippo 3" big boy system is pretty popular too.

Best way to know what you want is to go into a performance workshop and have a listen to the cars they have there.
    It takes a lot of guesswork out of it for you, and you'll more than likely end up with exactly what you want the first time.

I have the same stage 2 Harrop upgrade will a full 3 inch Harrop Bimodal exhaust. Love it. It is very loud when open and when closed probably as loud as the standard exhaust when open. I have the remote relay from ultimate conversion wiring so I can choose to keep it fully open or closed or just run it as normal. Mine is also a Maloo LSA Genf2

Just pull the Bi-model fuse out and it will sound much better.

mate I have a full Streetfighter system on my LSA clubby, with 2" ceramic coated headers, 100cell cats and twin stainless 3" system out the rear. im in Darwin if you want to listen? also who is doing the work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Clubby View Post
    Ive got a Walkinshaw cat back on my Clubsport, which is just a rebranded Difilippo system.
    It sounds good when your foot is almost through the firewall, and a deeper note at idle.
    It never used to drone at all until i cut the Walkinshaw tips off because they stuck out too far and looked shit.

I hear good things about Manta exhausts, (not the legendary HSV Manta) they're supposedly pretty great with no drone.
    The Difilippo 3" big boy system is pretty popular too.

Best way to know what you want is to go into a performance workshop and have a listen to the cars they have there.
    It takes a lot of guesswork out of it for you, and you'll more than likely end up with exactly what you want the first time.
    I will look into both  thanks for the recommendation, I thought about doing half exhaust this time around and other half later on eg Headers and then the rest, that way I can hide it hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rgmast View Post
    I have the same stage 2 Harrop upgrade will a full 3 inch Harrop Bimodal exhaust. Love it. It is very loud when open and when closed probably as loud as the standard exhaust when open. I have the remote relay from ultimate conversion wiring so I can choose to keep it fully open or closed or just run it as normal. Mine is also a Maloo LSA Genf2
    Cool, if I can keep it quiet when mrs is around she won’t notice it  hahaha I’ll keep that in mind 

Quote Originally Posted by 15Evil View Post
    Just pull the Bi-model fuse out and it will sound much better.
    Won’t this chuck an error up on the dash ? I usually have the setting on performance but still sounds very quiet compared to the SSV Redline with W310 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
    mate I have a full Streetfighter system on my LSA clubby, with 2" ceramic coated headers, 100cell cats and twin stainless 3" system out the rear. im in Darwin if you want to listen? also who is doing the work for you?
    that’s sounds awesome man, id love to hear it!! I was thinking of asking Peckys as he’s been pretty good to us with our W310, nice guys !! I’ll send you private message with my number 

Quote Originally Posted by Kornyj View Post

Won’t this chuck an error up on the dash ?
    No. It's the best free mod on these cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    No. It's the best free mod on these cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll x 2 that. The best mod you can do without doing a mod....
    Bi - Model open all the time so the car actually sounds like an V8...
    And also sounds better than all the local little phuckers that have bought series II SS's.

GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Thread Information