HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Enjoying the new Car purchase Experience

I think we can all agree, that the reason for purchasing and owning an HSV is one of passion and emotion. Rarely a decision and acquisition based on logic and rational,

So one comes to the conclusion or assumption that the process of ordering and buying one of these vehicles would be in part a pleasurable experience.

What has your dealer done to make this years purchase extra special for you? What have dealers done in the past?

Look past the "gave me a discount", I'm interested to see how some dealers have been creative in ensuring their clients have a memorable experience .

This year will be the second time I buy a brand new vehicle, and the first time I buy a HSV.

The new car experience when I bought my first new car was extremely memorable. Was a 2002 VX commodore. At the time I had recently blown up the engine on the VS during a trip from Adelaide to Darwin, and wanted a reliable replacement. I took my mrs and two little lads to the Darwin Holden dealer and took the family along for the test drive.

The dealer provided a great personalised service from sale all the way through to delivery, and continued well after the sale.

This year, the Commodore sells itself and dealers have the luxury of not having to negotiate down prices. Do they continue to offer that "HSV" experience or treat it you just bought something at the supermarket.

In the past I have heard that dealers would offer new owners the opportunity to visit the Holden Factory in Adelaide and possibly timed to see the car on the production line, as well as preparing a visit to HSV in Melbourne for the same experience. Unfortunately this year , no more tours allowed at the Holden Plant in Adelaide due to staffing.

Do HSV offer a service or opportunity to photograph the car at points along the production line?

I see GTSR W1 owners have an opportunity for build numbers. Is this also open to GTSR orders?

At the moment I'd be happy to settle for a dealer that responds to emails lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post

Do HSV offer a service or opportunity to photograph the car at points along the production line?
    if you speak to Andrew at HSV, he should be able to get a few pics of your car on the HSV production line if you tell him early enough.

I just missed the timing. got a few pics from him of mine just after it was finished and ready to go on a truck
    Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual

Quote Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
    if you speak to Andrew at HSV, he should be able to get a few pics of your car on the HSV production line if you tell him early enough.

I just missed the timing. got a few pics from him of mine just after it was finished and ready to go on a truck
    Spot on. Andrew told me if I could organise with my dealer what number my GTSR will be I could see it on the production line and get some pictures at various stages.
    Hardest part will be getting the info. from the dealer in time after HSV supply it.

my mrs is going to take photos of my car at clayton when its geting built all you need is the vin number or holden order number they can tell you what day its happining they will organise it for you

Enjoying the new Car purchase Experience

Today I paid a deposit on a new son of a gun grey SSV Redline wagon (new daily driver so I can keep my GTS for good), and the dealer was great

I contacted 4 dealers, one wouldn't give me a quote (RRP was their price), one took 2 weeks of me calling and emailing to finally give me a quote that was $1,000 discount off RRP, and then I got 2 quotes which were on par with what I expected and around $10k cheaper than the other 2 dealers. The later 2 dealers were nice and tried hard to sell me a car, the first 2 were basically saying "we have some cars coming, the price is this, take it or leave it"

My car is due June/July
    Last edited by NZ EVLHSV; 07-03-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

you did well, I just bought a white redline wagon for the wife, no one in Sydney would drop below full retail.

there's almost no wagons available, and no one is moving on price.
    Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual

Quote Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
    you did well, I just bought a white redline wagon for the wife, no one in Sydney would drop below full retail.

there's almost no wagons available, and no one is moving on price.
    I was going to get white, but I've owned 6 white cars (I'm only 37yo), my GTS is white, and my VE SSV wagon was also white so I thought it was time for a change

My dealer phoned this afternoon and said they have a son of a gun wagon due early next month, so looks like I'll get it sooner than expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Hi Rides, when I get my number, would I be able to relay it via you to your wife?

Or

What would be the best way to get in contact with Andrew,

Would be great

Anyone know anyone that works at the Adelaide facility that can do the same? (If it's even possible?)

air thats all ok i dont know anyone i adelade but will pm number on weekend

I had no good experience buy a HSV... I've bought a lot of commodores in the past but buying my Lemon Maloo was worst experience... I've had it a month and everytime it gets fixed i end up with something else faulty on it.

i got a package from HSV saying "thanks for buying a maloo" had a hat, keyring and book about the car.. shame i can't drive around in the hat.. might be more reliable.

Thread Information