HSV Forum

Page 2 of 5 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    I'm the same model as you nz, and similar story. I'm a 79 model, grew up around Holden's, old man was a Holden nut, I really took an interest in cars in the late 80's, my first real love was the VL walky, I even convinced my old man to buy one (He wanted a VK Group A). I was going to buy the walky off him but some low life took it before I got the chance. When I was 23/24 I finally bought one, great car, but I was young/er and stupid, always looking for more speed, got into bikes, got a 900 fireblade, then a brand new Hayabusa, sold the walky and got an R32 GTR, (money pit), sold the hayabusa and got a GSXR 1000. A few years ago now sold the R32 and was looking for a more family friendly fast car. I wanted a VY GTS but the lease company wouldn't allow it as it was too old, so I was looking for a VZ R8 in oddessy, found a really nice example but then the wife stepped in and wanted something newer, came across a white VE R8 that had 40k spent through WPP (which equates to about 20k of extras) lol
    Bought that and have been very happy since, it's a great car, amazing torque and comfortable for the family, only thing I don't like is it's too common, I'd like something a little more 'special' but got to settle down some time.
    If I ever get the opportunity I'd love to own another group A, I don't care what model, they are all great cars. I also like anything with the 215i motor or 300C4B. Maybe when the kids move out!
    When enough just isn't enough!

When i started getting into cars i was neither a Ford or Holden man. I loved both.
    In my town there was hot Hardtops and Toranas getting around everywhere. No one got into new cars because they were either too much or people didnt like them.
    Holden had a V8 but Ford didnt but that all changed when i was 16.
    there were a few EB XR8s and VN SS cars getting around but they just didnt look that great. I liked new cars but they werent eye catching.
    then when i was 17 i bought a Wheels magazine with the new EB GT on the cover. Loved that car. Looked mean, had all the luxury but cost over $60k. A lot of money when you're broke.
    First car i bought was an XD that was rusted and dinged up. 2 months later and it was smooth and painted thanks to my stepdad and his father (retired panel beaters).
    I had big plans for that car but then i swapped the shell for an XB Fairmont Hardtop and the plans got bigger.
    i scored my first fulltime job in mining and all my plans went out the window and decided on buying a near new EB Falcon GLi. Massive 148kw from factory. Who needs a V8? A friend picked me up one day (Christmas 1994) in a Walkinshaw build #351). I commented that the only good thing about it was the build number. But that car then made me want an 8, just not a Walky coz i hated the look and colour.
    I drove to Townsville on my days off test driving cars for months. I wanted a ute but Ford didnt build a V8 version so i was screwed.
    i was driving home one day when i saw an EB XR8 for sale. I pulled up and checked it out. Salesman was next to me in a flash and asked if i was interested i said i was but wanted a V8 ute.
    "Oh well come have a look at this", just over from it was a Holden ute with a 5 litre. Whats this? I asked. "Its a HSV, look at the number plate" came his reply. The number plate had ###BAD on it. He started it up and this thing rumbled. I was in love. He took me for a quick drive zigzagging through traffic (which they did back then to impress) and pulled up on some grass for me to check it out. "Well what do you think? Take it for a drive".
    I did and i bought it that afternoon.
    i was 19 and just bought my first V8.
    Ive had many HSV cars and Holden's since including two walkies that i didnt like the colour of, Senators, GTSs but never a clubby. I never got that EB GT yet either. Never even sat in one
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

Daily - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

I didnt buy my first until a month ago driven Mazda rotaries, a half dozen Toranas and a couple of GTSs and even a 250 XLE Cortina with a factory toploader gearbox and a 360/ 727 VJ Valigrunt...probably 20 years ago i jumped in a v6 vn calais which was swisho compared to the XD and the ZD Fairlane I was cruising around in and was hooked...a couple of years later i could afford a mang mobile pheonix red ex cop VN Spack that had something (maybe less weight) because it would kick any commos arse with a bodykit, lol. Bought some VP Senator copies because back then they looked cool. The car lasted a full week before it got stolen and flogged and stripped snd the rest cut up with my own packing knife I used for work...
    Bought the VP SS A9G ONLY because I looked at THREE VP Clubsports which were all (snore) autos...since 2006 the VP SS came off the road and sat in the shed only to be started from time to time while I built a blown 355 engine for it. 10 years later I finally got the engine finished only the spin a rear main so engine came out and took a year to repair the thrust and new bearings. Found an air leak in the intake gaskets, fixed that and bumped the blue plug on the dizzy and broke it. Lost my shit and bought the VP Senator and stripping the VPSS now...Had a GTR Torana that met the same fate...I love working on cars but I totally suck at it...

ASHLEY
    Last edited by UNLEASHED; 15-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.

I bought a Jee.... HSV Maloo LSA

what can i say ? I hated the whole experience, This is the first Brand new car i've Ever bought

I got excited the day the car was ready for pickup "OH BOY" left work early to get down to the dealer to pickup the car, got to the dealer to be told by the Sales person "Unfortunately the tray hard lid doesn't lock properly" No biggy i guess as it'll get fixed at the first service, i started the car and it didn't sound right when it started, so i did it again and sounded better.
    I let it go as i was excited and then i noticed an error on the dash saying Service tyre pressure sensors.

Sales person said "Don't worry it'll start working after you drive it bit" again no biggy ...

took the car for a drive to my friends workshop to show him, tried to start from the key (yes its auto, Mrs can't drive manual ) and it sounded as if the battery was dead, using my friends battery tester we tested the battery to find "IT'S CACTUS"

So from the word go on a brand new car - Dead battery, Faulty tyre pressure sensors and Hard cover lock didn't work

Rang the Dealer straight away and they said they would pickup the car and give me a loan car, they took the car away, fixed the lock issue and the battery.

Then they told me a sob story about how they broke their tool used to fix the tyre pressure sensors "What tool ?"
    so now i have a car that works fine but the whole joy and excitement died when i had to jump start a brand new car..

Still no word from HSV about the whole experience or an apology..

$84k car.... I was very nice about the whole experience but the wife wasn't as happy as she knows i saved for a long time to buy this car to be disappointed. :\

That's sounds terrible. Unfortunately it seems to happen occasionally with new cars (not just Holden/HSV either), but I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better about your situation. Hopefully you get it sorted and have a smooth run from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Yeah "Shit happens" my slogan in life, I don't get upset by much, I normally shrug things off as a lesson in life and learn from the experience and what I leant was ..

I should of walked away from the car the moment I notice problems with it..

But to cheer myself up I purchased a stage 1 Harrop upgrade hahaha (Intertake / Pulley and Tune)
    My biggest complaint with the car is its tooo quiet... I love how I can make the exhaust quiet with bi-modal exhaust, I just wish it sounded little louder in performance, The woman's SSV redline with walkinshaw W310 upgrade sounds Nicer, I guess I'll just have to change the exhaust hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornyj View Post
    Yeah "Shit happens" my slogan in life, I don't get upset by much, I normally shrug things off as a lesson in life and learn from the experience and what I leant was ..

I should of walked away from the car the moment I notice problems with it..

But to cheer myself up I purchased a stage 1 Harrop upgrade hahaha (Intertake / Pulley and Tune)
    My biggest complaint with the car is its tooo quiet... I love how I can make the exhaust quiet with bi-modal exhaust, I just wish it sounded little louder in performance, The woman's SSV redline with walkinshaw W310 upgrade sounds Nicer, I guess I'll just have to change the exhaust hahaha.
    You can remove the fuse that closes the mufflers if you want it louder without spending a cent
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Kornyj View Post
    I bought a Jee.... HSV Maloo LSA

what can i say ? I hated the whole experience, This is the first Brand new car i've Ever bought

I got excited the day the car was ready for pickup "OH BOY" left work early to get down to the dealer to pickup the car, got to the dealer to be told by the Sales person "Unfortunately the tray hard lid doesn't lock properly" No biggy i guess as it'll get fixed at the first service, i started the car and it didn't sound right when it started, so i did it again and sounded better.
    I let it go as i was excited and then i noticed an error on the dash saying Service tyre pressure sensors.

Sales person said "Don't worry it'll start working after you drive it bit" again no biggy ...

took the car for a drive to my friends workshop to show him, tried to start from the key (yes its auto, Mrs can't drive manual ) and it sounded as if the battery was dead, using my friends battery tester we tested the battery to find "IT'S CACTUS"

So from the word go on a brand new car - Dead battery, Faulty tyre pressure sensors and Hard cover lock didn't work

Rang the Dealer straight away and they said they would pickup the car and give me a loan car, they took the car away, fixed the lock issue and the battery.

Then they told me a sob story about how they broke their tool used to fix the tyre pressure sensors "What tool ?"
    so now i have a car that works fine but the whole joy and excitement died when i had to jump start a brand new car..

Still no word from HSV about the whole experience or an apology..

$84k car.... I was very nice about the whole experience but the wife wasn't as happy as she knows i saved for a long time to buy this car to be disappointed. :\
    Least when u went to pick up your brand new Maloo it had the right transmission in it. Ordered a manual waited 5 months did all the paperwork then shown over ute and realised it was an auto. Stated clearly on my contract manual. Waited another 5 weeks to get a manual. Nearly a year and still waiting for an apology from the dealer principal.
    Lucky the Maloo is awesome and now has 400rwkw

Im of the 74 Vintage, earliest memories - family had a brand new Red VB Commodore. Father was/is a Brocky fan, mechanic that enjoyed tweaking and modding the family V8, and polishing the mag wheels in the lounge room on Bathurst day.

Even from the age of 5 i remember him masking the windows and painting the window trims black, tinting the windows, adding steel skirt trims, cut in his own sunroof and adding a rear Aunger Louvre to finish it off. Loved that car as did all the members of the family, and i guess is the reason i have a fetish for putting Aunger Louvres on all the cars i have owned. (my brother hates it lol)

In the town where i grew up, there were two brothers that both owned a Clubsport Commodore Each, i cant quite remember the colours or the model, but i loved the authority and grace they imposed, and watched them try to out do each other on weekends. (I think one was red, and the other white.)

Learnt to drive in a hatchback Torana on dirt roads. A 1995 VS Commodore was the first Holden i owned, then a 2002 VX Commodore. Both White and obligatory Rear Aunger Louvre.

A couple of years ago, my brother and I began reminiscing about the time 15 years ago when we both drove to Adelaide together with our V6 Commodores, and vowed to each other that one day we would take a driving holiday and continue the drive along the great ocean road. We discussed doing it in HSV commodores, and at the time i was very keen to get a GTS. Alas, timing didnt quite work out for me, however my brother ended up committing to buying his first HSV. Left me feeling that i got to pull my finger out and uphold my end of the bargain.

Brings us to this year, I have now put a deposit down on my first HSV Commodore, with an expected delivery date in August. Lacking creativity i chose white in line with my previous two cars, and i am preparing to fight my bro and installing an Aunger Rear Louvre, even if for old times sake and to troll him.

Very much looking forward to putting our two cars together and completing the Great Ocean Road Journey we had planned many years ago.

man I would of been really ticked me of!!

my dealer had 12 HSV's in stock "GTS / MALOO / BLACK'S"
    they purchased a whole bunch of stock to get the GTS-R model from HSV... the director of the dealer got the only 170k GTS-R lol

so not waiting to get mine

Thread Information