HSV Forum

41c Ambient air temp IAT2 results!

41c (106F) was ambient air temp
    IAT2 was sitting at 11-12c (51.8-53F)

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Would just like to point this out from the other thread for anyone who reads this in the future, see below posts;

Quote Originally Posted by 15Evil View Post
    Yeh as Nick said best I could I do was an 11.2 @121 down 5mph from last week.
    that will do me until I change to Turbo.
    Also those big 275/40/20's after changing back to the street wheels I found where rubbing through the plastic inner guards in a few places.
    So I will have to go the 18 inch option for next time.
    Man it was a very hot day out there, stupid hot in fact and then in the evening the humidity went to 86% so shitty air for everyone.

We even started talking about the fact that the track would be stickier for the entire 1/4 mile pass and create more rolling resistance.

The chiller shined though you were down 5mph compared to last week Nick was only down 1mph.

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Would just like to mention you wouldn't normally beat up on your car and race it in these conditions but the car performed flawlessly, it was only down 1mph compared to the week prior, IAT's were under control, oil and ECT were also under control.

So whilst it's not ideal the chiller performed really well and the car handled it really well.

Thread Information