HSV Forum

Thread: Ride hight

Ride hight

Hi all,
    I have a VE GTS with failed MRC, at this point in time I have decided to replace my MRC with Pedders Sports rider Extreme units until I can find some one who can rebuild my MRC (this may take some time and that's OK) as replacing Failed MRC with new MRC components I feel is not an option for me due to unreasonable costs and this way I can achieve a ride height (look) and performance I am sure I will adore, in fact MRC components cannot achieve the ride height I so desire anyway.

Knowing the direction I want to go I am interested in others who have simmerlally lowered there HSV's and how far they have lowered to achieve their look as I would like to gauge how much I want to lower mine.

regards Steve.
    Roses are red violets are blue, Caln't afford a chev a holden will do.

VE's look really good at 350mm HTG. I'd suggest setting it up at 360mm front and rear to start with then make minor changes from there. Factory your car should sit at 385mm (MRC sits 15mm lower than other V8 powered Commodores)

My VF sits at 355 rear and 365 front. VF tyres are bigger so the look will be slightly different, but hopefully it gives you an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Just a word of warning, 350mm HTG is low for daily use, looks cool but not everyone will put up with the clearance issue

2014 Gen-F GTS

Quote Originally Posted by munga View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a VE GTS with failed MRC, at this point in time I have decided to replace my MRC with Pedders Sports rider Extreme units until I can find some one who can rebuild my MRC (this may take some time and that's OK) as replacing Failed MRC with new MRC components I feel is not an option for me due to unreasonable costs and this way I can achieve a ride height (look) and performance I am sure I will adore, in fact MRC components cannot achieve the ride height I so desire anyway.

Knowing the direction I want to go I am interested in others who have simmerlally lowered there HSV's and how far they have lowered to achieve their look as I would like to gauge how much I want to lower mine.

regards Steve.
    My VE GTS sits at 360 rear and 370 front thats with all new MRC and pedders sports ryder springs its as low as i wanted as its a daily driver and i didn't want to sacrifice ride quality and clearance. Me personally wouldn't go any lower as at this height it still scrapes on some driveways and speed bumps. 20170112_200859.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ride hight

Quote Originally Posted by csgts View Post
    My VE GTS sits at 360 rear and 370 front thats with all new MRC and pedders sports ryder springs its as low as i wanted as its a daily driver and i didn't want to sacrifice ride quality and clearance. Me personally wouldn't go any lower as at this height it still scrapes on some driveways and speed bumps. 20170112_200859.jpg

The rear looks good, front looks a little high to me, so I reckon 360 front and rear would be almost perfect on a VE

I guess that's the advantage of the bigger VF tyre, you can still get the look without being too low to the ground

Last edited by NZ EVLHSV; 13-01-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    2014 Gen-F GTS

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    The rear looks good, front looks a little high to me, so I reckon 360 front and rear would be almost perfect on a VE

I guess that's the advantage of the bigger VF tyre, you can still get the look without being too low to the ground

Yeah i would like the front to be 360 especially now that i don't have the bumper sag i have a little extra clearance. But then again with my fat arse sitting in the front seat probably drops it there abouts.

just measured mine and im about 350 front and 330 rear, the front i made lowest part of the front bar 90mm off the ground which if much lower it will hit everything but for where i am its ok as is, the rear is good even full carload dosnt scrape with the gts 20's on there but is a pain if u want to jack it up

Ride hight

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post

the speedo on both my VE's is bang on with the 255/35 and 275/35's off a VF too.

i've never measured mine, but given a 275/35R20 is about 700mm high,and about 15-20mm of the tyre sits in the guard my HTG would be about ~330/340 rear, and 340/350 front.

Last edited by mitchy; 13-01-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Oh my what incredible stance your Senator has.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4
    Water Proof Arrma Kraton on 6S: https://youtu.be/ZZMs7dDCCAY

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #771 2010 E2 GTS

Thread Information