HSV Forum

Help needed re VR Senator

Hi All,
    I have just recently purchased a 94 vr senator 185i manual 5spd.Its all pretty Factory standard except for the centre consol which is woodgrain which I believe is aftermarket.Im trying to get the car back to original factory standard but I cannot find details or pictures on what the original 185i manual console actually looks like?
    Ive trolled many threads looking for pics but had no luck and good old Google is giving me all kinds of different consoles .
    If anybody has any pics/info of the original console could you please post them up!
    Thanks in advance!

Factory Senator will have the woodgrain trim.

Bit of info in this thread if you want to have a read

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...mp-GTS-Shifter

G'day Santos , I own a 94 VR Senator factory 5 speed..... no woodgrain in mine , which doesn't necessarily mean there weren't some produced with woodgrain.
    I would send some pics but I'm working 1100 km away from the car during summer !

I'm pretty sure my old man's 6 speed VR Senator had woodgrain in the centre console.

Sorry just had a look at the thread linked above and dad's 215i definitely had the carbon fibre surround.

In relation to VR Senators, HSV "The Innovators" book says "A woodgrain panel is fitted to the the centre console. Manual models have a vinyl trimmed finisher panel". No mention of carbon fibre surround (maybe after market?).
    GEN-F2 GTS, VS Clubsport 185i

Those books are full of inaccurate info....

Thread Information