HSV Forum

Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry669 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. the $2700 was to retain the bimodal which is electric. Did you keep yours on
    What model do you have

Thanks for your reply. the $2700 was to retain the bimodal which is electric. Did you keep yours on
    Mine is an E3 R8 and I didn’t option the bi-modal exhaust. The Walky exhaust uses the bi-modal mechanism from your OEM mufflers, any exhaust shop could do the modification as it is pretty simple to swap over.

The 340kw SV headers have 2.5” outlet from the cats and are better than the older 2.25” version which I have, having said that 4-1 headers will sound much better than Tri-y’s and give you a better note. I only chose not to get the full exhaust/OTR and tune because the cops in my area deal with a lot of modified cars and defects are quite common so I kept my stock cat-back and if I do get a defect now it will only be for too much noise and an easy fix.

My advice would be to get the cat-back for now as I reckon it’s a massive improvement in sound over the stock system and you could always get the full exhaust and tune later on if you want a better note.

I said this in your other thread...

For more noise just pull the bimodal fuse out (keeps the exhaust flaps open all the time). An OTR and tune also really helps them go and sound a lot better. Don't waste your money on headers and exhaust, nothing wrong with the stock headers and catback on a standard LS3
    2014 Gen-F GTS

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    I said this in your other thread...

For more noise just pull the bimodal fuse out (keeps the exhaust flaps open all the time). An OTR and tune also really helps them go and sound a lot better. Don't waste your money on headers and exhaust, nothing wrong with the stock headers and catback on a standard LS3
    Ill give it a try and Ill let you know how I go. I believe the fuse is in the Boot

Quote Originally Posted by adr8 View Post
    Mine is an E3 R8 and I didn’t option the bi-modal exhaust. The Walky exhaust uses the bi-modal mechanism from your OEM mufflers, any exhaust shop could do the modification as it is pretty simple to swap over.

The 340kw SV headers have 2.5” outlet from the cats and are better than the older 2.25” version which I have, having said that 4-1 headers will sound much better than Tri-y’s and give you a better note. I only chose not to get the full exhaust/OTR and tune because the cops in my area deal with a lot of modified cars and defects are quite common so I kept my stock cat-back and if I do get a defect now it will only be for too much noise and an easy fix.

My advice would be to get the cat-back for now as I reckon it’s a massive improvement in sound over the stock system and you could always get the full exhaust and tune later on if you want a better note.
    Thanks adr8.

I live in Adelaide so there aint too many people that I know.

Apart from Holden Dealers ( who are really pushing the W375 ).
    The reason I opted for the SV Black is that i was going to buy a SSVRedline and put a black roof, 20 inch, bigger spoiler, lower it and put the W375 Walky on it. When that got priced up it was very close to the HSV.

The HSV looks more muscles so the HSV was purchased.

Have talked to a lot of performance places in Melbourne and Sydney and a couple in Adelaide. JHP,HPF,Morpowa,KPM etc

Im not too keen from moving from what i call original and mess around with programming.

Too spend another $7K for 35 KW to me is a bit over the top. If I spent another $10K I would of gone with a LSA.

Saying all that i do believe the original sound is nice but I would like it a bit throaty.

Ill check the fuse option and then decide.

Ill keep you all posted and really appreciate all members who have commented and given me advice.

Gerry

Left hand side if the boot there's a panel in the "wall". Inside is the battery and the fuse/relay box.
    Assuming the same as the F2 GTS, Very bottom row are the spare fuses, vertically aligned.
    Next row up on left there's a pair of yellow fuses horizontally aligned. the right hand one is the one to yank, but double check against the sticker on the inside of the panel door, it'll be EXH VLV or similar.

Have tried the fuse all day today and still not 100% happy

Have tried the fuse all day today and still not 100% happy
    Same as me, but I'm going to leave it until my warranty runs out as it's only another 6 months. Go get an intake and tune done. I'm pretty sure Harrop, Walkinshaw, KPM all sell a driveline warranty that covers you in case HSV won't. Intake makes a decent improvement to the sound of an LS3 when on throttle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS

HSV 2016 Clubsport R8 SV Black Edition Dilema

Hi All. I really love my car. I have had it for 2 months and it is brilliant apart from a couple of things which might seem fickle with others.

I was going to buy the plain SSV Redline but this pooped up which had all wants.

Black Roof
    Factory Sunroof
    Larger Rear Spoiler
    and White

My huge dilemma is the exhaust note. I reckon it gan be a bit throatier or ballsy.

It has 340KW as standard. The power is enough for an every day drive.

There is something that keeps coming into my head which i can't shake off and I would like some help from others that have either been in the same predicament and what they have done.

Are the Standard Tri Y's any Good

I have 3 options.

Option 1) Walkinshaw Cat Back with Bimodal $2700

Option 2) Walkinshaw Cat Back with Bimodal and OTR and Tune for $4300 ( Lose sound enhancer )

Option 3 Walkinshaw W375 for $6990 ( but have to save up )

Gerry

If you're happy with the power level then just change the cat back. If you want more grunt then option 2.
    Option 3 is pretty much the same but you're paying for the warranty....which with just an exhaust, intake and tune, you shouldn't have any dramas with the factory warranty anyway.

Have you priced up any of the Harrop stuff? May come in slightly cheaper than Walky

Thread Information