HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Cat Back Exhaust

Hi All. Just purchased a 2016 VF HSV SV Clubsport Black edition. HAs anyone changed the exhaust with a walinshaw Cat Back system. I just want a throatier sound.

Would never recommend a cat back exhaust for any car or motorbike - some like it but I hate it.

You've spent a bit of coin on the car may as well do things right.

I recommend you go for a full exhaust including headers for the throatiest sound.

Even a cheap full exhaust like xforce would be better than the best of cat back exhausts

Have you pulled the exhaust valve fuse yet? If not, try it first, you might find you're happy and it only costs a minute.
    Made all the difference for me with the GTS and with no drone, I dropped any thought of replacing the exhaust. Ymmv of course.

Thanks for replying. This issue is really doing my head in. On the SV Black they already have exhausts headers TRY Y. But the rest of the exhaust is just a 2 1/4 inch from the Cats.

The car came with 340KW and from what Im hearing is because of the headers. Previous models had 325KW.

Everyone is talking about going the W375 Walkinshaw ( Which includes Walkinshaw exhaust, OTR and Tune ) which costs $6690 to gain and extra 35KW.

Im really just after a throatier exhaust.

Ive been quoted $2700 for a Walkinshaw Cat back fitted which doesn't need a retune due to exhaust sensors being positioned differently to what they are now.

Did this change the Note. I thought the flap was always open when in sports???

The Walky is a rebranded DPE exhaust, get it from them and save yourself $600. They fitted their 3" catback to the OEM HSV headers, I paid $2100 and they installed it for free. IMO the best sounding exhaust on VE/VF it is a deep sound with no drone, would definitely recommend it.

http://dpe.net.au/index.php?route=pr...ory&path=44_45
    Last edited by adr8; 10-01-2017 at 10:18 PM.

i actually really liked the sound of the standard vf hsv ls3 exhaust.
    I only changed mine as I went full exhaust, supercharger, cam etc.
    I would personally go to another shop other than walkinshaw as from my personal experience and a few of my mates, they are overpriced for what they provide.
    while I was waiting for my car to get a touch up tune, I saw 2 x ve hsv that had cam, exhaust etc, going in for a tune on the dyno, I asked if these had been on the dyno before, and they both only had the cam installed late the day before,
    each car was tuned within an hour and only 3 dyno runs were pulled for each.....

Have you considered starting buy just changing rear mufflers? Borla do a pair for $1100 , bolt straight on. I think the clubsport middle sections is 2.5'' not 2 1/4 like you think it is, so its ok , I like someone else said, a full system will net the best note, but then your looking at tune, ect cost adds up. The walky systems ive heard sound quite nice under WOT. But your properly get a deeper throatier sound with the difillipo 3'' system, 1000 dollar cheaper than walkinshaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry669 View Post
    Did this change the Note. I thought the flap was always open when in sports???
    The flap closes not much above idle and opens again later (4000rpm?) with a "choof". With the flap always open it's a lot more noticeable low down and seems bassier to me and with heaps more crackle n pop.
    I thought same as you until I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by adr8 View Post
    The Walky is a rebranded DPE exhaust, get it from them and save yourself $600. They fitted their 3" catback to the OEM HSV headers, I paid $2100 and they installed it for free. IMO the best sounding exhaust on VE/VF it is a deep sound with no drone, would definitely recommend it.

http://dpe.net.au/index.php?route=pr...ory&path=44_45
    Thanks for your reply. the $2700 was to retain the bimodal which is electric. Did you keep yours on

Thread Information