HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Supercharged LS3 headers ????

I have my LS3 VF R8 supercharged with an LSA blower and it has hurricane 1&3/4 headers , will I benifit in power changing to 1&7/8 headers ????? Cheers

I changed from 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 hurricanes and jumped from 379 - 411rwkw with a retune on the same dyno. Guess it comes down to how far it was tuned on the current headers as mine was conservative due to restricted flow.

I run the GM Motorsport 2 inch long tube headers with 3 inch cats with a twin 3 inch xforce system. makes 475rwkws. not overly loud either until you step on it.

http://www.ramjet.com.au/exhausts.html

http://www.gmmotorsport.com.au/produ...-and-Cats.html
    # 065 Senator signature E2

I've spent a fortune on booze, birds and fast cars the rest i've just squandered.

Ok I have 380 RWKW , the lower pulley is a powerbond 22% overdrive and bigger injectors and full 3 inch hurricane exhaust , stock GTS intercooler system so I am guessing it could get a power increase with the bigger headers & a retune ... thanks for the replies blokes .... cheers Chris

Yes for sure more flow more power especially on a supercharged application like you have how much will be upto the tuner.
    # 065 Senator signature E2

I've spent a fortune on booze, birds and fast cars the rest i've just squandered.

Hi mate,

I want to do this to my car was this much more cost affective than buying a harrop supercharger kit?

And if so can you point me in the right direction on where you sourced everything from?

Hi bud , ok I paid $5500 for the supercharger complete ,it was off a crate engine , and the intercooler items I used the factory HSV GEN F PARTS , which were expensive, and the upgrade injectors and 22% balancer ,so all up with a tune it was $11000 fitted tuned and modded .... I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post
    Hi bud , ok I paid $5500 for the supercharger complete ,it was off a crate engine , and the intercooler items I used the factory HSV GEN F PARTS , which were expensive, and the upgrade injectors and 22% balancer ,so all up with a tune it was $11000 fitted tuned and modded .... I love it
    That seems like a lot of $ just to fit the blower and tune it? I was looking at going down the same path.

I'm sure I've said previously add 5k to whatever price to get it in and running. It doesn't just bolt on to an LS3. There's a lot of little bits and pieces that need moving or modifying to make it work. Just the way the heat exchanger lines come out of the LSA compared to how they would mount on an LS3 doesn't work so you need different fittings or need to change things. Can't remember if it's the heater hoses or fuel rail that fouls but something definitely does. Same with the actual heat exchanger, the fittings hit the radiator/condenser or trans cooler or something...There's a lot of little things like that and if you're using a shop that's never done the install before, it will take a lot of time to work thru each issue.

Tune alone will be the best part of 1000-1500.
    Everyone I know that's done it, has spent 10k to get it in and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post

What size injectors are you running.
    VF GTS, 22.5% overdrive pulley, 2" primary 4-1 extractors on to twin 3" exhaust, Cold Air, 160 deg thermostat, Cam, double valve springs, 65lbs injectors. 649 rwhp.

Thread Information