HSV Forum

Supercharged LS3 headers ????

I have my LS3 VF R8 supercharged with an LSA blower and it has hurricane 1&3/4 headers , will I benifit in power changing to 1&7/8 headers ????? Cheers

I changed from 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 hurricanes and jumped from 379 - 411rwkw with a retune on the same dyno. Guess it comes down to how far it was tuned on the current headers as mine was conservative due to restricted flow.

I run the GM Motorsport 2 inch long tube headers with 3 inch cats with a twin 3 inch xforce system. makes 475rwkws. not overly loud either until you step on it.

http://www.ramjet.com.au/exhausts.html

http://www.gmmotorsport.com.au/produ...-and-Cats.html
    # 065 Senator signature E2

I've spent a fortune on booze, birds and fast cars the rest i've just squandered.

Ok I have 380 RWKW , the lower pulley is a powerbond 22% overdrive and bigger injectors and full 3 inch hurricane exhaust , stock GTS intercooler system so I am guessing it could get a power increase with the bigger headers & a retune ... thanks for the replies blokes .... cheers Chris

Yes for sure more flow more power especially on a supercharged application like you have how much will be upto the tuner.
    # 065 Senator signature E2

I've spent a fortune on booze, birds and fast cars the rest i've just squandered.

Hi mate,

I want to do this to my car was this much more cost affective than buying a harrop supercharger kit?

And if so can you point me in the right direction on where you sourced everything from?

Hi bud , ok I paid $5500 for the supercharger complete ,it was off a crate engine , and the intercooler items I used the factory HSV GEN F PARTS , which were expensive, and the upgrade injectors and 22% balancer ,so all up with a tune it was $11000 fitted tuned and modded .... I love it

Thread Information