HSV Forum

Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Bet they will be changing the number on the boot and nothing else...

There is no way in hell that bimodal intake adds 30kw to the GTS over the R8
    Exactly. They'll make the same power as they do now. Perhaps sold with a "revised tune"for marketing when nothing actually changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardygrub View Post
    Word is it will be based on the current Gen f2 tourer.
    Changes will be a extra 10kW of power, bigger brakes, a different side skirt (imo one that goes the whole way around the rear of car) unlike current version and unique wheels and I would say no chrome in sight!
    Also only 50 to be made and of course only in auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    one would hope it's based on the Gen F2

i dont reckon you'll be getting a new rear bumper either, it's the same as what was offered on the VE from 2008... can't see them going to the effort now for a handful of cars. they already have blacked out features as well, so really it will be the same car as currently offered, maybe with a new badge and different wheels.

We already know the R8 LSA tune is identical to the GTS and baseline dyno numbers are also the same.
    The 400kw LSA is actually 430kw

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

After reading http://performancedrive.com.au/410kw...n-coming-0722/ I spoke with my local DP and put down a deposit. My receipt states that I am purchasing a "30th Anniversary Tourer LSA", built in January or February 2017, delivered in February. That was back in September, so hopefully the delivery times won't stretch on.

Bigger brakes would be welcomed but I'm quietly hoping for torque vectoring.
    If they throw in MRC as well it would be a GTS wagon Doubt that will happen but I think torque vectoring would be a software only cost.
    Last edited by D3F1ANT; 11-01-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3F1ANT View Post
    Bigger brakes would be welcomed but I'm quietly hoping for torque vectoring.
    If they throw in MRC as well it would be a GTS wagon Doubt that will happen but I think torque vectoring would be a software only cost.
    HSV policy with Torque Vectoring is that the REAR brakes must be bigger / biggest available
    (something I learnt on my HSV tour last year )

will be interesting to see if they do it
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Yay, torque vectoring standard and optional GTS brakes.
    Better go see my dealer later and make sure the bigger brakes are included in my order.
    Last edited by D3F1ANT; 01-02-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3F1ANT View Post
    Yay, torque vectoring standard and optional GTS brakes.
    Better go see my dealer later and make sure the bigger brakes are included in my order.
    I've already got a GTS so I guess I could get an F2 and just order the 6pots setup with my vin?
    My Rides: 2013 VF SS Auto Sportswagon in Nitrate (OTR CAI, Headers, Brembo 4 pots all around, DBA T3 rotors, Paddleshift kit, Bilstein shocks on King springs);
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red (stock for now)

Not sure on that one.

I see there is a wider wheel option (9" and 10") with 'fender extensions'... how would that look? Think will I stick with the Rapier wheels as they look great.

Well my car isn't getting big brakes. The cars coming to NZ are apparently all pre-assigned configuration and they can't change it. 'my' car comes with the wider forged wheels tho, and that also can't be changed. If I hadn't ordered it when I did not even the colour wouldn't have been an 'option'. I think there going to be a lot of disappointed people turning up to dealers trying to order cars in a specific configuration only to find they'll be lucky if they get a car at all
    Hope those fender extensions aren't ugly.
    Last edited by D3F1ANT; 01-02-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Thread Information