HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

What would you do?

Hi All

I got 2 quotes yesterday but don't know which direction to go with.

Option 1: 3" s/s Manta exhaust and 1 7/8 Hurricane headers (coated) , harrop cold air induction and tune at Harrop for $6300

Option 2: 3" s/s Di Filippo big boy exhaust and 1 3/4 headers (coated - unsure of brand), VCM cold air induction and tune at FTP for $6250

Both are similar in price - the only difference option 2 uses 1 3/4 headers which Brett from FTP recommends for the LSA engine and the VCM vs Harrop cold air induction.

Which one would you go with and why?

Is 1 3/4 headers actually better on the LSA motors??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Scott
    Last edited by skooby; 04-01-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    Current Ride: 2014 HSV Gen f GTS, Auto - Herron White
    Previous Ride: 2011 FPV BOSS GT 335, Manual - Edge with Silver stripes

I would go with the first purely because the second option is FTP. Do some research man, plenty of disgruntled customers from that shop.... If you want a Walky pack it would probably be worth going thru Shacks as they use Actives for tuning purposes

Give Mitch and Deb at WA Perf a call 9494 2988. Likely be a Manta system as well but well worth getting a quote unless you specifically want a Harrop/Walky package.

Double post
    Last edited by FollowTheSapper; 04-01-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Get better flow from the 1 7/8. Although mine is a MP2300 going from a 1 3/4 to a hurricane coated 1 7/8 jumped me from 370 - 411 rwkw with a 2 1/2 inch system

Option 2: 3" s/s Di Filippo big boy exhaust and 1 3/4 headers (coated - unsure of brand), VCM cold air induction and tune - I hve this option on my GTS 2013 - First Di F exhaust has the best sound, be sure to stick with the 1 3/4 headers coated, as they look great. The VCM snorkel cold intake looks factory, then later do your pulley upgrade and you have all the pwr you would need.

Scott / VIC

If you're planning for further mods in the future, go for the bigger headers.

Id go difillipo , have you considered buying the exhaust system online and getting a shop to install and tune. Id give Tune Corp a call, he would install the exhaust for you and supply a vcm intake and tune. He runs a genuine dyno, whereas he doesn't fudge figures or try to cut corners in the tune

Thanks for the replies

From what I have gathered so far from this forum, most people have recommended ceramic coated 1 7/8 headers so I will go down this path

If FTP is not in the picture, would you go with defilippo exhaust/VCM intake or Manta exhaust/Harrop intake?

I have looked at buying the exhaust online but it works out cheaper buying directly from Harrop/FTP - for example, a full big boy system is around $4300 which does not include shipping and fitting costs (most places have quoted 5 hours to install at $130 per hour) whereas I can get it for $4600 fully installed.

I will give both WA Performance and Tune Corp a call and see what they can offer.

Cheers
    Scott

I don't think there will be anything in it in terms of power so it's just which you prefer the sound of. Some like Manta, some like DF....I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest

Gotta go and listen to both I guess...

My third option that I haven't mentioned is going to Brian Gardner's (where I purchased my car) and get a pacemaker headers and exhaust from them.

I've hardly seen anyone install a full pacemaker system on their GTS before - is there a reason for this?

Thread Information