HSV Forum

Page 4 of 4 First << ... 234
    Update. After my 7th consecutive fuel pump failure in my E3 GTS, I had the car towed to holden a week ago and asked them to find the root cause of my failing fuel pumps. They put a new fuel module/pump and wiring harness in the car and i picked up the car this past wednesday. On Friday (2 days later) the 8th pump in the car tapped out and the car was towed back to Holden this afternoon today. As much as i loved my E3 GTS with 99,000kms on the clock, and 8 blown fuel pumps (6 in the last 14 months) i decided to trade the undrivable car for a brand new VXR Commodore, which obviously was traded in for a lot less than i expected to sell it privately (if it had been working), but i got a cracking deal on the VXR which is not really a Commodore but hopefully will be much more reliable than what i had.

I gave Holden full disclosure of the repeating issue and history and they gave me back approx 12k less than what i would have expected to sell it privately, and i pickup my new car in less than a week. I had already spent $2,800 in the last 14 months and expected it to cost me a lot more in labour whilst Holden investigated the issue.

They now have to find the root cause of the problem before selling the car as a used car, but if they do fix it, they will make a decent margin on the car.

wow...just wow

This is a sad story and man you took beating after beating on that car, patients must be strong within you.

The next part of this story is the next owner is likely to go through the same issue, however with only 3-6 months warranty as a used car from Holden.

The Holden dealer are very unlikely to throw another pump in this car, and test drive it for a month or 2 to make sure it's fine.
    And even more unlikely to find the root cause of the issue. eg this is going to happen to the next poor bloke.

Hopefully someone just throws an aftermarket fuel pump in the car and its all fine and dandy.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    wow...just wow

This is a sad story and man you took beating after beating on that car, patients must be strong within you.

The next part of this story is the next owner is likely to go through the same issue, however with only 3-6 months warranty as a used car from Holden.

The Holden dealer are very unlikely to throw another pump in this car, and test drive it for a month or 2 to make sure it's fine.
    And even more unlikely to find the root cause of the issue. eg this is going to happen to the next poor bloke.

Hopefully someone just throws an aftermarket fuel pump in the car and its all fine and dandy.
    It was a difficult decision and one of the reasons i decided to not sell it privately as i couldnt sell it knowing it was going to fail again. I gave Holden all the receipts and history of the failing fuel pumps and was surprised that they even took it off my hands, given it was towed to them 2 days after they were sure they resolved the issue with pump number 8.

I would have kept that car for a while had i known the issue was resolved. They will have to find root cause especially knowing that the pumps are dying so quickly. They will make money on it for sure and whilst i was disappointed to let it go for the price I did, I also feel ok that i disclosed the issues and it is now up to them to sort it out and put their name and brand behind it.

When i test drove the VXR, i didnt compare it to the GTS as it is a completely different car. It does look a lot nicer in the flesh than in photos and as long as it is reliable, i will be happy.

Thanks to all the forum members for their responses, suggestions and ideas along the way.

For anyone else to have this type of ongoing problem, Fair Trading and Statutory Warranty will be on your side. Dealers can claim out of warranty etc but if something is supposed to work for a reasonable period of time, they haven't a leg to stand on.

LG washing machines more recent and Volvo paint many years back. Choice Magazine and Ray Hadley can also be of great help.

Quote Originally Posted by grange250 View Post
    For anyone else to have this type of ongoing problem, Fair Trading and Statutory Warranty will be on your side. Dealers can claim out of warranty etc but if something is supposed to work for a reasonable period of time, they haven't a leg to stand on.

LG washing machines more recent and Volvo paint many years back. Choice Magazine and Ray Hadley can also be of great help.
    Agree. I had just worn out of patience and needed reliability. Its not like Holden refused to help me but i wasnt confident in them resolving it quickly and could no longer be without a car.

Well I picked up our new VXR today and absolutely love it. Itís obviously not a V8 and was built in Germany but what a great car it is. Lots of people knock the new ZB Commodore but take the badge off it if it really bothers you . It came with 8 years warranty too which was an added bonus.

Congrats on the new car, shame the HSV couldnít be fixed.
    They really should have dropped the Commodore name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Congrats on the new car, shame the HSV couldnít be fixed.
    They really should have dropped the Commodore name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate. Agree

Thread Information