HSV Forum

Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    if ur only replacing the pumps with standard then could be worth swapping to a similar flow but get a good e85 safe one so u know it can handle additives better then stock see if that helps, bp98 has changed over the last couple years

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    if ur only replacing the pumps with standard then could be worth swapping to a similar flow but get a good e85 safe one so u know it can handle additives better then stock see if that helps, bp98 has changed over the last couple years
    Thats what i am thinking to 07GTS. F*** the standard pumps for a Walbro or something similar....What have they got to lose? And get one thats up rated from the stock unit so if they are dying under load the new pump should be able to hand the load ok.

Are these cars modified at all or is it a standard pump on a standard car? I'd have gone to an aftermarket pump as soon as it packed it in if it wasn't under warranty.

How do they regulate, thru the ECU like VF? I'm wondering if the tuner has fiddled with something they shouldn't have but just thinking out loud

E1-2-3 all use the pressure reg returnless i think they started with the variable pressure in the VF, i think stock e1 pump is 190Lph and the e2-3 have a slightly higher flow for the LS3, if ur going to change pumps tho dont go massive because the stock regulator can only return so much and if it increases the line pressure then ur up for some tuning changes to compensate and its not good to compensate for a mechanical error, may be like 250-265lph that suit but worth a check too im not sure if they have different pumps in the later ones

So now have had my fifth (5th) pump fail, that makes 3 since the start of the year, the baby is now back at City Motors (not my first choice, but........) their now saying that they have had a few pump failures and have been directed by HSV to replace the wiring harnesses as well as the pump, problem I have is that they told me on the last failure that they also replaced the harness then.

Cars pretty much stock, apart from OTR, mafless and difilapo exhaust system.

I'm now looking at updating to a VF GTS, sad, but I'm over it.

And tank has been cleaned properly? What about the fuel lines?
    Last edited by NU13; 22-11-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Tanks been out twice and cleaned, I doubt it's a fuel issue as the filters are clean (apparently)

So the baby is still in at City's, I told them that I don't want it back until they can garentee that the issue is sorted, not that I think that means much, but it made me feel warm and fuzzy.
    So far this event, the tank has been out, checked and clean, the harness has been checked (means jack), samples taken of fuel, pump tested and surprise, surprise, it's stuffed.
    I was also questioned about using ethanol and/or 91, as mentioned I have a BP card and only use 98 and have the receipts to back it up.
    The latest is that (apparently) a HSV engineer that was in Perth this week has had a look and has ordered a modified fuel pump, they can't tell me how or what's been modified, but it's meant to be here Monday, maybe it's a non genuine one.

Stay tuned..........

Fingers crossed this moddified unit sorts you out. If this fails i'd be tempted to bite the bullet and go aftermarket.

And just for information it appears my 2011 E3 GTS fuel pump just failed 2 hours ago on the way to work. Could have been much worse as I cross over the Harbour bridge every day................just imagine the traffic chaos I would have caused. Called for a flat top truck and took it to the mechanic.

I am assuming its the fuel pump as when the ignition is turned on, I don't hear 3 second buzzing from the tank that normally happens. This will be my second pump in 7 years.

Its fine, yesterday my Triton diesel Ute started idling very rough, then stopped and went into limp mode, cost $700 to change the PCV, fuel filters and a few other things.

Now the GTS, no money for Xmas presents.

Cheers

Thread Information