HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Thread: New door seals?

New door seals?

Does anyone make new door seals for the VT-VZ series?

I've been chasing constant squeaks and rattles on my Clubsport, changed a few rubbers, replaced entire window mech assemblies, door latches and strikers and I'm sure it's worse now.
    A smash repair doing some touch-up work recently had no luck sourcing new rubbers or the body strip that runs along under doors since mine bubbles and sits funny.

Saw a few neat Clubsports on ebay and carsales lately, that's depressing. Hard to spend a cent on these anymore.
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

Ok that's weird, a few actually show up now on ebay. Checked earlier and previous occasions and was only used. I'll have to look into it further, and the Holden parts guys might be more helpful looking up parts if already have a sale.
    Ben

My old Mercedes service agent - David Philip of Philstar Motors - 02-42266785 but closed until the 16th had a way of working the old rubbers. Don't know how they did it but it worked. New rubbers were not always available.

hey mate ive seens a few on both ebay and holmart, did u emd up finding the one u needed?

Im watching a few seals. Have yet to have a day off to be able to inspect mine closer to see if any are worn enoughto possibly require replacing. Now my drivers window started screeching going up, suspect the fuzzy syrface worn off since everything else new.
    Ben

Have you tried a rubber care product on your existing seals to see if that helps?
    I've had some success with Gummi Pflege on other cars.
    https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ei...i-pflege-stick

I tried several protectants, spray lubes and rubber care sticks and none did a thing. This is a new noise that just started and occurs everytime now. I can't pinpoint the actual spot but it only does it in the last inch going up at the top so must have just reached the point where the wear on the door frame seals is too much. Not looking fwd to replacing them, they never sit like they should. Already replaced the other rubbers and seals without change and the entire window mechanism when nothing wrong with original. It's now getting slow and noisy after about 3 months, bet the warranty ran out yesterday.
    Ben

Spent the whole day working on door frame, seals and window. Achieved nothing. Didn't even find a point at which the squeak was stopped briefly, so now out of ideas.
    Ben

Seems like half the seals advertised new are not actually stocked but still listed. I also need the inner door frame seals as the glass now screeches badly and seems the felt has worn. No longer available either. I also need the side skirt strip along the door base, again, RH side not available and can't be swapped over from LH side.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
    Seems like half the seals advertised new are not actually stocked but still listed. I also need the inner door frame seals as the glass now screeches badly and seems the felt has worn. No longer available either. I also need the side skirt strip along the door base, again, RH side not available and can't be swapped over from LH side.

I have some nos seals send me a pm

Thread Information