HSV Forum

23i Steel Blue Velour - impossible to source?

Hi guys,

Currently trying to track down some of this stuff to redo the headlining of my vp. I knew it would be hard to find. Most upholsterers laugh and say good luck when I tell them what I'm after.

Problem is nobody wants to touch the sunvisors which are trimmed in the same velour and appears to be heat pressed on the seams, which means I may be stuck with different colours, which is not preferable.

Anybody have some of the steel blue velour on the roll?

Other alternative is to reuse the old lining. I cleaned all the old foam and ran it though the washing machine twice and it came up like brand new. Was thinking of glueing a foam layer down first and then the lining, using clips to hold it in place, working out from the centre. That's what one upholsterer advised. Anybody done this before?

Cheers!

Yeah I went down yr path about year ago. And got a few samples sent over but there all ended up being different shades. So I gave up.

Same, got samples but all are nowhere close to the original. Might just have to go down to Clark Rubber for a thin sheet of foam and then try and reuse the original lining. All of the upholsterers said it's possible however it went from a fixed price to an hourly rate as its pretty fiddly hehe.

If only the sunvisors can be re-done, then all the colour matching problems would be solved as I would be free to use the closest colour on everything.

I'd be researching who makes the sun visors for Holden and seeing if they would be as kind to do a "one off" for you

2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

My headlining in my vp started to sag over ten years ago. So I went to local Perth upholsterers with a sample from my old headliner. They had to source it from a Melbourne business , and said it was the last piece of material in stock.
    An OEM business needs permission from Holden to remanufacture obsolete car parts - Holden has the legal rights to the part. Also there needs to be enough part volume for them to take interest in such an exercise, there to busy producing modern parts for modern cars.
    I tried to get The company HELLA that produced the Vq Caprice fog lamp for Holden, to remanufacture the product and that was the response they gave me. By the year 2001 Holden only had a four right hand side fog lamps & no left ones at $110 each. Today you can still get A few NOS pairs from $700 to 1k for your Vp senator, Vq statesman 5000i, Sv90, Sv93 & fifth anniversaries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm thanks for the advice guys. I'll try and get an upholsterer to reuse the original lining with some new foam. Not sure if I want to have a crack at it myself because if I stuff it up then I can probably throw the material in the bin!

2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Thread Information