HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Yes holden do keep records of vin and engine numbers

And Iv been told only vt hsv's and series 3 vs have the engine prefix VN all other vt v8's have engine prefix vm

Quote Originally Posted by Manta#105 View Post
    As my vin no is 6H8VTK69NWL338134
    My engine no is VN662859
    So can anyone tell me if my engine no digits should be same as last digits vin no ?
    no.. this was decision by GMH when they introduced the Commodore (yeah.. VB back in '7
    this was because one plant (Fishermans Bend) made engines that went to a lot of different VAPS (vehicle plants)
    and the engines had to be numbered BEFORE despatch but that was a problem as the VAPs put there own body number and VIN on. No way could they match... and that has continued to this day (remembering of course that all HSV engines are not made by Holden here but overseas)
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

So why did Emma r from holden customer care confirm my engine no is on there records connected to my vin no and I have a series 1 VT HSV Manta mate which has a holden 5.0 litre in it which is the last of the holden engines and where do you get your information from cause I got my information from a holden employer as you can see in photos of my email above

And my 1998 VT HSV Manta was built at the elizabeth factory south australia which was built on the production line as a v8 executive commodore ordered by HSV where they then created my VT HSV Manta with an Australian built holden v8 engine not a Chev mate

I'm not sure what you're going on about with your rant....Smitty is explaining why the engine number and VIN cannot be the same.

Ohh ok so the whole point my post was how can i find out if my hsv had the factory engine and as you can see its been answered

Thread Information