HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Should a VT HSV vin no and engine no match

As my vin no is 6H8VTK69NWL338134
    My engine no is VN662859
    So can anyone tell me if my engine no digits should be same as last digits vin no ?
    Iv contacted hsv and Andrew Purcell told me they did not keep record of engine no's

NO......
    Only Ford have matching vin/engine number.
    2015 VF SV SENATOR MANUAL
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Ok cool so how can I find out if I have a matching no hsv as iv contacted Andrew Purcell at hsv and iv done a online vin check and have come up with nothing

Good luck with your search.

I think if you need to find a person at your states registration authority, or
    the original selling dealer, that is willing to help you with your search.

Or, try & locate the original owner/original rego papers/original owners manual.
    Needle in haystack stuff but you never know??
    2015 VF SV SENATOR MANUAL
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Iv contacted vic roads where it was first registered and have contacted the dealer in vic who sold it brand new and both could not help me so I'm not sure who can help me ! Do you know if I was to purchase hsv authentication papers would that have the engine no ?
    I do know that the engine is a hsv engine as the engine prefix starts with VN and as far I'm aware it is a hsv roller block do you know if this is correct

I'm thinking of contacting holden direct at Elizabeth where the car was 1st built before being sent to HSV in Clayton

So I sent an email direct to gmh factory at Elizabeth and they told me they have service history records up to 120,000 km service in 2013 and it still had original engine but in my 1st email I never told them the current engine no so they asked me to provide my engine no and they will confirm if it's the engine on there records so I'm waiting to hear back if my vt manta is a matching numbers HSV ��

All VT's 5L V8's run the same roller block, from memory the 195i's are a different cam to the regular VT 5L's. The VN engine prefix is right.

You can't really confirm the original engine number unless its in the books (don't believe it is from the factory) and hasn't been changed thru the rego system. Just authenticate the VIN, that's about the best you can do

So I received my email from holden direct from elizabeth factory and yes I have a matching numbers VT HSV Manta

Yes I have a matching numbers VT HSV Manta whoooo hoooo

Thread Information