HSV Forum


Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Front bar sag

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    113

    Front bar sag

    Installed the bumper support foam inserts today on my E1 GTS and looks great! Lifted at least 12mm and feels very solid now. Shaped out bumper so all lines match up perfectly how they originally looked when new 20161227_170154.jpg20161227_201325.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    178
    Much better. My Senator desperately needs it, the price is just off putting for a bit of foam.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    66
    use anything u have. i used some bits of an old pillow.best bet got to clark rubber

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by vz hsv View Post
    use anything u have. i used some bits of an old pillow.best bet got to clark rubber
    i bit the bullet and bought the HSV item. supposedly the Senator is a bit different to the rest, i've heard the 'pool noodle' trick doesn't fit due to the different shaped bumper.

    they swindled me out of even more money for new badges and a couple of other pieces too... oh well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Liverpool Sydney
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by csgts View Post
    Installed the bumper support foam inserts today on my E1 GTS and looks great! Lifted at least 12mm and feels very solid now. Shaped out bumper so all lines match up perfectly how they originally looked when new 20161227_170154.jpg20161227_201325.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    How many BB Foam supports does it take?
    My bar has some sag and Im thinking of removing it and "packing it up"
    Cheers

    LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by HEDSUP View Post
    How many BB Foam supports does it take?
    My bar has some sag and Im thinking of removing it and "packing it up"
    Cheers
    4 supports, 2 beside headlights on the inner side and 2 under headlights towards outer sides above fog lights.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    26
    How much did these sting you?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by ilusiv1 View Post
    How much did these sting you?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think they were around $250, my wife got them for me. Very expensive for what they are but worth it to have a perfect looking car!

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Liverpool Sydney
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by csgts View Post
    4 supports, 2 beside headlights on the inner side and 2 under headlights towards outer sides above fog lights.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ok Thanks

    LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

  10. #10
    Hi mate, where do you buy these inserts from? I have an E1 Maloo with the same problem. I tried the pool noodle trick, but it was completely ineffective (I'm guessing it only works on Holdens!)







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •