HSV Forum

Gts road trip darwin to townsville via hobart

Well we decided to visit the Sydney to hobart yacht race and the " taste of tassie" during our move to townsville.
    Day One distance was left open and towing, the speed limit was the same so we left early during the start of a monsoon
    with a plan to have breakfast in Katherine after working out how to get out of our hotel and find our trailer off we went.
    only issues day one road train stayed on 80 over loose gravel.
    our fuel was 13.8l.The car was a pleasure to drive due to our average speed and early start it was not worth stopping less five refueling stops.1550 kms we hit alice springs so many people fall asleep and roll i had a great coffee supply and twice the wife drove for
    about 30 minutes that gave my eyes a rest and scares the s#$@ out of me so im then good for another couple of hours.
    we r using a dash camera so i will try to post how good gts brakes are cold at high speed soon and one lucky skippy that would have popped our airbags and trashed our front end.
    cheers

Love a good road trip in these large sedan. Main reason i've always been a fan, always had a farm or country holiday house to visit.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4
    Water Proof Arrma Kraton on 6S: https://youtu.be/ZZMs7dDCCAY

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #771 2010 E2 GTS

So you live in townsville now?

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    So you live in townsville now?
    Not yet homeless atm Melbourne now waiting for the boat to tas.
    Sold one of our granges to a guy at bushland beach

SA roads are bad bloody manholes in the wheel track of the road tassie roads are better!
    we had our first issue, a huge tinny rattle RHRear, city holden looked at the car
    and found the brake pad plate was missing that sits behind the retaining pins ???
    How does that come out???
    Anyone know the magic paint chip thread i need it after the nt road trains.
    cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 23-12-2016 at 03:06 PM.

I saw a grange a few days ago driving around. Black with black badges. Looked ok. Your old one?

If its our 2012 model it has tint tow bar and we used liquid nails for a red upgrade badge on the boot.
    and the standard tune and intake sold it 2 years ago almost to the day great car but love the gts sound and seats.
    cheers

Ok mate. That wasnt it

Well we have made it half way. A great trip on the boat but no bottle of wine in our room this time and the good restaurant has turned into a reading room.
    we just made it back to the car deck in time to grab some wine from our stash got a warning about bringing our own wine into the dinning room
    then trashed a few forks trying to get the bloody cork out!
    Tas is great for having some fun without goi g too fast in saying that as usual cars do 75 in the 110.
    and the speed cameras have moved entering hobart but theyseemed to be angled to get you as your almost next to the camera?
    I did two serious brake jabs not sure why! I was not speeding but once our five week mail on hold ends i may get some fan mail from every state and teritorty.
    tassie wins so far as the nicest place to drive and 98 fuel is only a few cents more, not 20 the NT mark the fuel up.
    Question to hsv tassie owners why is james boags so bloody dear in the state its made?
    Cheers andrew and co
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 27-12-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Nice work, I am making the return trip from the Gold Coast to Sydney tomorrow. Hoping to miss the potholes this year and make it in one trip.

That's why I drink Pure Blond Andrew as I am personally sick of being ripped by boags, and I live in Launceston.

Hope you and your wife have a good stay on our island.

PS. old matey sniper is the mayor of Hobart and he might be around while your down there, taste of tas would be right up his alley.

Thread Information