HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBVFGTS View Post
    Thanks Pickles. I don't know a great deal about HDT cars but I thought I remembered the Quadrant name in association with HDT.

How do your friends find their SRT with respect to the same issue? Can't find anyone to really speak to over it and all the dealership says to me is "Yes that's the most common negative feedback we get". I've tried North American forums but they all just use an Eibach lowered spring and drop them on their guts. I don't want to do that if I can because the wife will then hit the concrete stops in shopping centre carparks and damage underneath the front bar like she did on our white GTS (Grizzle, grr, grr)
    I believe with the unavailability of the Holden V8 from the end of 2017 there will be a lot more SRT's on the road so I feel it would be worthwhile for one of the Big Boy's to develop something for our conditions and Bilstein would be a perfect choice.

07GTS:- Yes that was what came to mind first too, but the oversteer feels like it might be tyre related (Pirelli Scorpion Verde 295/45/ZR20's all round) or possibly weak shocks so felt it would be best to seek out a real suspension expert to get to the bottom of things.
    I love, and I mean absolutely love the way the BMW' X5's sit on the road when pushed hard into corners. There is just no body roll and I'd love to be able to do something like that with the SRT but still have a nice compliant ride.
    "Dropping it on its guts" would be the last thing ya'd wanna do,.....wouldn't change a thing,....except making the ride ten times worse. I'd be taking my time,...ya'd be looking at a CORRECT "combination" of Anti Roll Bars, Springs & Shocks,.....no point in doing one, then the other, then the other etc etc,....ya need to do 'em all together, so that they work, "all together" in sync.
    The net is your friend, or maybe,..is there an SRT Club?
    Pickles.

Couldn't agree more ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Everything needs to work together

Can't contact Quadrant, Vic number off their Facebook page has been disconnected.

Spoke to Eibach, make a 40mm lower rear end spring and 20mm lower front spring only.

Spoke to Heasman though very nice guys. Shocks on SRT's are actually Bilstein's which they can re-valve (and still work in conjunction with the suspension MRC thing). They know of the problem I have and are going to call me back with a complete set-up of sway bars, re-valved shocks and springs. Biggest issue they said is the oversteering is caused by the back end of the SRT sitting up so much higher than the front and all the weight is in the front causing the oversteer as the back is to high and light.

15evil:- Mate you obviously had issues with the Pirelli's runflats too. What tyre brand and specs did you go to when you went up to 22"?

2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Can't contact Quadrant, Vic number off their Facebook page has been disconnected.

Spoke to Eibach, make a 40mm lower rear end spring and 20mm lower front spring only.

Spoke to Heasman though very nice guys. Shocks on SRT's are actually Bilstein's which they can re-valve (and still work in conjunction with the suspension MRC thing). They know of the problem I have and are going to call me back with a complete set-up of sway bars, re-valved shocks and springs. Biggest issue they said is the oversteering is caused by the back end of the SRT sitting up so much higher than the front and all the weight is in the front causing the oversteer as the back is to high and light.

15evil:- Mate you obviously had issues with the Pirelli's runflats too. What tyre brand and specs did you go to when you went up to 22"?
    Heasman have been around for as long as me, so they should know what they're talking about!
    I suggest you start googling some U.S. sites Jeep

Heasman have been around for as long as me, so they should know what they're talking about!
    I suggest you start googling some U.S. sites "Jeep SRT suspension" or something like that & see what you come up with. Whatever you do is going to be expensive, so best to make enquiries everywhere to make sure you know, & get, exactly what YOU want.
    Pickles.

You can have your headman and the quadrant. All I can say is what i had was awesome and I did a lot of research to get the best. When a race engineer with a proven record of winning championships five times recommends something to me I listen. You can do your own research but all I can say is check out MCA suspension as they have one the world time attack the last 4 years in a row with their suspension. And they just got the lap record in there own car this year. The suspension is fully adjustable and is just as good as standard on the street. Thats my advice, the decision you make is up to you. Im talking from experience.

Heasmans.

I live up at Kurrajong and the wallowing was that Bad the wife refused to get in it anymore.
    Changed to 22's with just cheap Lexini 285/40/22
    And it rides more like a HSV on Steroids done 24k kms and tyres have about 50% tread left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information