HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Blinker long flash when locked?

Done a few searches and yet to find anything, so hopefully a quick post might answer...the last few days when locking my VX from remote, the blinkers flash once vut now stay on 2-3 times as long as before. Is this a sign of something? Thanks
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

Possibly the BCM failing

That doesn't sound good. Or cheap.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
    That doesn't sound good. Or cheap.
    Its not great no....new BCM, keys and it has to be linked to the ECU with Tech 2.
    Do some reading up on it, it was pretty common on the VZ's.

Have you tried swapping the flashing relay over with another one that's the same? But I'd say if it was the relay it would do it when indicating, not just locking

Ben - don't know where you are but if it is Melbourne, there is an organisation that can re-programme all keys and computers etc. Local Subaru agent (Wollongong) just sends all the components to be matched. Considerably cheaper than all new bits through the dealer.
    Had a new computer fitted (under passenger seat) shortly after I bought the WK - warranty job of $850 (part) plus fitting etc

I'm sw of Sydney. Bugger. I just poured more cash into it than it's worth already. Sooner or later just need to walk away.
    Ben

Been flat out with work and no time off except xmas day so haven't had a chance to book in to have someone look at it. Does anyone know if this is likely to become a major issue if put off or just an annoyance? So far it's just the blinkers when locking.
    Ben

The local mechanic and tuner had a brief look but wanted longer to think about it. They were worried about the aftermarket alarm and immobiliser fitted and how it may be affected. The alarm is disconnected, the immobiliser works with keyfob.

After years of being annoyed about a click-clunk noise at front kickpanel area, had guys checking bushes and suspension and finding nothing, it now appears it is exactly where i first suggested, behind the kick panel. Upon starting the car, without fail, the BCM will go click-clunk the moment the pedal is touched. This is another reason it only made the noise after backing out driveway and about to drive off through a dip, until then it was just torque and no pedal.

Anyone know of a BCM clicking noise that occurs only once when pedal/throttle touched first time? Surprised no one picked it up over the years, been to several places and replaced a lot of parts.
    Ben

No one knows of a double-click noise from the kickpanel area when throttle first touched?
    Ben

Click it once, it should blink, press the lock button twice (or just hold it on the first click, either works I think) and the indicators should stay on momentarily. Been this way on my vu ss and my vy hsv. Hopefully there is no cause of panic. If this isn't what you're talking about though, good luck.

Thread Information